What's the worst thing you did because of a game?

Soldato
you people are going to end up old and lonely

Not at all. Things have changed for me (for the better) since then. This a quite a few years ago now. And like I said, that wasn't the only problem, it just didn't help I'd lock myself away for hours on end.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
One of my mates played Vice City for so long that he could 'see' game characters in his peripheral vision on his way home in the dark. He thought it was ghosts, **** a brick and ran home.:D

Associate
£615 phone bill back when Quake first came out for playing it ' all the time on normal dialup... during the day

i remember feeling sick when i opened the bill ... that was a good one :/

Associate
Having nightmares about characters/monsters from Dark Age of Camelot. I had one the other night after watching Deadwood on sky, nightmare was a Western with Trolls and Elves.

I'm 33year old I.T bod, married with 2 kids, will I ever grow up :D

Associate
Originally posted by HangTime

My Quake habit has also cost me I dunno, upwards of £3000 in phonebill/isp charges.

Ah yes, I remember you. The good ol' quake days and dial per minute charges. Just a shame the underground gaming community has become so popular that now some servers are littered with idiots.

I played Lemmings on my Amiga all night, before a History exam and walked out with a 'B' heh! Banged a few desks, spilt several drinks, cigarette burn marks (when I smoked), large telephone bills, refusing to answer the telephone etc. All good fun

Associate
i think from too much sniping on UT i tried to 'zoom in' once to see something far away .. just seemed normal that i should be able to do it in the real world :|

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I used to try to 'con'/consider people in the street or on tv after playing EQ for too long :o

Otherwise worst thing I've done is stayed awake for 48 hrs playing CS at a lan. I was like the living dead afterwards. :eek:

Suspended
Originally posted by Inquisitor
What about when you're thinking about games and that influences what you do in RL?

I've been walking through that park a couple of times and I find myself looking round and thinking, 'Wow, nice graphics and anti-aliasing on those trees...'
:o :rolleyes:

Cant say its ever effected my real waking life but many the occasion when ive dreamt Call of Duty or C&C :) Now those are some interesting dreams, although i tend not to tell anyone about them, after all i wouldnt want to come across as sad :D

Associate
Originally posted by Syph0n
Christ I thought it was only me. I often stylize the real world. I have done ever since we were told to do so in art :eek:

Just the other day we were driving along and I thought how good the lighting looked!

Ive done that SOOO many times, thinking in my head, comparing the lighting with game lighting, and see if there is a better way or a more realistic way of doing it. Sometimes it freaks me out.

I bet all the hardcore sims players think there is a green diamond above the persons head that they are currently interacting with :p

Associate
Never, ever been so sad as you lot.

Apart from the time I walked to the shops checking for good sniper places after playing too much Deus Ex. ;)

Soldato
When I was about 13 I was playing the crappy Amstrad version of the "Dragon's Lair" arcade game. I'd got it for christmas and my parents had gone out somewhere. I couldn't get past the 2nd level (bats and skulls in a corridor) and got killed for the hundredth time.

In a fit of rage I spun round on the chair, gave my bunk bed a mighty kick (dunno why I kicked the top bunk) and flew backward against the wardrobe while falling off the chair.

I seriously thought I'd broke my ******g neck!

Soldato
Originally posted by Inquisitor
What about when you're thinking about games and that influences what you do in RL?

I've been walking through that park a couple of times and I find myself looking round and thinking, 'Wow, nice graphics and anti-aliasing on those trees...'
:o :rolleyes:

There's a tree-covered hillside behind my workplace. On many occasions I've thought:

"Those trees don't half look like those on the "Pier" level on far cry."

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom