Why are the OcUK forums so successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
There's far more of a 'community' here than at other places. You get quick and knowledgeable responses to technical questions - often within minutes rather than days at some sites :rolleyes: And the rulez which, despite being heavily criticised by many people associated with 'other' boards, have now been copied - often word for word. These allow for a 'safe' environment, free from trolls and abuse-kiddies.

Soldato
Originally posted by 2blue4u
There's far more of a 'community' here than at other places. You get quick and knowledgeable responses to technical questions - often within minutes rather than days at some sites :rolleyes: And the rulez which, despite being heavily criticised by many people associated with 'other' boards, have now been copied - often word for word. These allow for a 'safe' environment, free from trolls and abuse-kiddies.

What he said :)
Also, the taunts towards a certain a pink car can be entertaining during a boring day @ work :p

DCP

DCP

Associate
Yeah.. Like... What they said... :D

I first heard about this place a few years back when I went shopping for cheap computer bits, and although I don't post very much :p I keep coming back to have a read into what goes on in the real world!

Congrats to EVERYONE on a forum to be proud of...

And yeah like what Lopez said sometimes I say things on here which are easier than talking to g/f, mates bizarre huh?

Adz

Adz

Soldato
It's probably already been said but in my humble opinion the forums are successful because:

1) The people are great, there are some great posts in between the spam.

2) They have a good team of harsh but fair moderators.

3) They're blue!

4) Because they are "big" there's always something new to read.

Soldato
Been comming here for over 2 yrs now ,and keep commin back for the same reasons....

Great members. (like minded)
Knowledge base (someone here always knows the answer)
ALWAYS get a sensible reply to a sensible question.
Yes rules are stricked (have been banned myself) BUT they work!!
We all like seeing a reply to our threads/posts (well i do) ;)
Just an all round damn good place to visit. :D

ow and great signitures ;)

ps. Aint it about time Spie had another give away, to his loyal servents. :)

Soldato
Mainly you find that people who post on here are well informed, well mannered and genuinely helpfull.:) There are however exceptions but they are usually stomped on quickly by the dons and ub's; hence keeping things pleasant.

Associate
I mainly read and post in the hardware forums where there are lots of knowledgable people.

It's great to learn stuff and then pass the information on.

We are the meme-pool!

Soldato
I know this is quite a little thing, but everyone seems to have covered all the main reasons.

The colourscheme of the forums and website is very easy to read. Its easy on the eyes and clear. Other forums have grey and red or much paler colours which make it hard to view. This i can stare at without going blind.

Also everyone seems clear in their responses, elsewhere you get vagueness from mods even.

Associate
it's my posts mainly, like train wrecks they are, you don't want to look but are compelled to. Oh and my threads always carry a high percentage of casualties.

Or maybe it's the members for decent posts and the dons for doing all they do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom