X-Com 2 - Announced

Soldato
Yes yes yes! Must finish current playthough of EW this year then :eek:

Sweet...started Xcom for the first time ever a few weeks back and loving it, on my 9th game as i'm a perfectionist and when things don't go my way, I restart :D

Try playing an Ironman game. Much more rewarding to "roll with the punches" than repeatedly save scum IMO.

Associate
I could not be more exited. That said...the long war has left me a broken man

Same, that mod is a great piece of work. XCOM 2 though, really like the direction they seem to have taken it, seems your a resistance group of some kind.

Hope with it only being PC we can get some proper destruction going on along with some real updated textures/effects. Oh and maybe some mod support?

Associate
Yes yes yes! Must finish current playthough of EW this year then :eek:

Try playing an Ironman game. Much more rewarding to "roll with the punches" than repeatedly save scum IMO.

I've not actually finished the game yet. My last Ironman playthrough was going brilliantly until one mistep and I wiped out my best team. Couldn't face going back to it after that. Will try again soon given this is coming out.

Soldato
I've not actually finished the game yet. My last Ironman playthrough was going brilliantly until one mistep and I wiped out my best team. Couldn't face going back to it after that. Will try again soon given this is coming out.

Yeah in my latest playthrough (EW classic ironman) I had some disasters, at one point losing all but one of my experienced soldiers :eek: But I think the game must have some balancing if that happens because it was much easier for a while after that. It's a test of perseverance more than anything else!

(Until a mission the other day when I lost 4/6 including two MECs... I haven't been able to face loading the game up since then.)

Associate
Yeah in my latest playthrough (EW classic ironman) I had some disasters, at one point losing all but one of my experienced soldiers :eek: But I think the game must have some balancing if that happens because it was much easier for a while after that. It's a test of perseverance more than anything else!

(Until a mission the other day when I lost 4/6 including two MECs... I haven't been able to face loading the game up since then.)

It does a great job of getting you attached to your squad, especially the long serving ones. And there's that gut-wrenching 'oh no' moment when you step into the wrong square and trigger a series of alien reveals that you know is not going to end well.

Soldato
Can't wait.
This is my most anticipated game.
So glad it's PC exclusive. I love Xcom but it could be so much better if designed exclusively for PC :D

Soldato
It does a great job of getting you attached to your squad, especially the long serving ones. And there's that gut-wrenching 'oh no' moment when you step into the wrong square and trigger a series of alien reveals that you know is not going to end well.

Ever had the glitch on medium spaceships where every enemy teleports and appears in the same spot? I had about...

3 sectoid squads
2 super sectoids
2 mechtoids
1 mechpod thing
literally 7 or so zombie maker things... crystalyds
few groups of thin men
tons of mutons and a few muton elites

ALL of that spawned infront of my squad, one reveal cutscene after another until I was swarmed, it happened on ironman impossible too and how the hell I didn't lose a single member I do not know, only had 4 of em too, for the no squadsize upgrade achievement.

Back
Top Bottom