Poll: Xbox 360 Reliability Poll

Sup dudez?

• My Xbox 360 is problem free

Votes: 361 77.8%
  • My Xbox 360 has had to be replaced

Votes: 103 22.2%

• Total voters
Permabanned
To Microsoft's credit, the 3% to 5% return rate is more information than Nintendo or Sony would share and the company has always been open and forthright with IGN

I find that figure hard to believe, as it can't be verified independently and doesn't come close to tallying with public reliability polls.

Soldato
Ive put down as going wrong.

It went wrong after 18 hours, got a replacement and this one has been solid for a week.

Has it put me of the 360, never! :D

Associate
da_mic_1530 said:
im not to worried about the problems, im only on my 2nd

did you hear about the american that had so many problems peter moore rang him personally and apologised lol

is there a news articleon that somewhere?

Soldato
I dont own a 360.. but i used one for the first time last night in HMV.. played table tennis.. gfx looked quite good.. but it lasted 2 mins and it all locked up and died :eek: then wouldnt start up properly again lol

got to love it :p

Soldato
I have had mine since early Jan and its still going ( but then its been unused in the last 6- 8 weeks lol) now it will have the RoD (Ring of Death?) when I next switch it on lol

Caporegime
uk_viper said:
ive had a premium and a core (which is now sold to an ocuk member) and never had a problem with either

You had two? I'm thinking of getting a second one. How do you use the same gamertag on each of them and I take it then you can use the one live account?

Soldato
ZG002 said:
I dont own a 360.. but i used one for the first time last night in HMV.. played table tennis.. gfx looked quite good.. but it lasted 2 mins and it all locked up and died :eek: then wouldnt start up properly again lol

got to love it :p

Cracking fun though, on my second one after the first ran at half fps (only found out when I got the replacement) and it artifacted on the first.

Second one is much better. :)

You always hear about the bad stories, never the good. I know of 5 360's running since launch fine. Cracking console although not quite on a par with PC for longetivity on the games, they are most certainly fun while they last.

Associate
How about a option for "i dont have a 360 but i am thinking about getting one so want to know how reliable they are".

As if you hav'nt voted you cant see the results. :mad:

Soldato
David _b said:
How about a option for "i dont have a 360 but i am thinking about getting one so want to know how reliable they are".

If it helps it currently stands at...

My Xbox 360 is problem free: 277 votes - 79.37%
My Xbox 360 has had to be replaced: 72 votes - 20.63%

Associate
i bought my 360 off a forum member - only issue for me is when the warranty runs out in december - what the hell do i do if it fails after that!? :confused:

Permabanned
dirtydog said:
I find that figure hard to believe, as it can't be verified independently and doesn't come close to tallying with public reliability polls.

People are far more likely to report a bad experience than a good one.

Permabanned
dannyjo22 said:
You had two? I'm thinking of getting a second one. How do you use the same gamertag on each of them and I take it then you can use the one live account?

Use the recover feature or move the profile to a memory card.
I'm strongly considering getting a second one.

Permabanned
David _b said:

Yes you can - I haven't voted either. Click on 'view poll results'.

Soldato
I earlier in the thread repoted my 360 as fully working since release. Now I have a small problem with the disc tray not closing without physically pushing is shut. Does this count towards the dodgy ones?

Back
Top Bottom