• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Also to note with the s and x there hasn’t been a single game from Microsoft this generation that’s blown me away certainly nothing that makes the x feel massively needed over the s

Purely talking from a visual perspective here
Agree which is why i just got a series S. The differences are so minimal theres just no reason to go for the x.

Associate
Force fed :rolleyes:

Just because a game features people of colour and LGBTQ+ characters or stories. Yeah ok.
People of colour? So are white people transparent now? Have a like as well.

* Also I have had several gay friends,both male and female. Don't try the reverse Uno with me,or any sarcasm you will lose,and badly. Anyway lets keep it civil.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to add, i would say it isn't developers but publishers now pushing the developers to do xyz game within that time frame and budget in the style they want.

It's a great shame really.

Agreed but then I also feel that gamers themselves are not helping.

They lap up the same reskins and remasters year after year and are partly responsible for creating the market that publishers are exploiting.

I include myself in that comment, having bought every call of duty going for the last decade, even double and triple dipping on a couple of titles.

As a group, we also need to affect change by being more willing to vote with our wallet and just not buy what is published.

After all, the only language the corporate world understands is money.

Associate
We don’t need new hardware we need new games.
It's almost like these corporations don't listen to those who buy their games and hardware.

I don't see how they can talk about the next gen consoles when they have only just stopped supporting the previous generation.

The mid gen refresh also didn't work it just created more confusion, was there really a need for the ps4 pro and Xbox one x?

Is say not really as they still had to make the games work on the "older" consoles so effectively all it done was make the cost of producing games higher.

I emplore Microsoft for having the series s and series x, making the s affordable and great for the entry level however this has presented its own problems.

Would they have been better off doing a Nintendo by not getting sucked into the song swinging of power outputs and just putting their focus on the series s and making quality optimized fun games for it?

I agree the current hardware in the X is more then enough.

Corporations pay attention to £.

MS has not listened for a very long time but have loyal following.

Look at all the negatives when XB1 launched yet everything people moaned about has added over time without people caring anymore.

A long time ago MS wanted to do deals to not produce hardware this was smart and makes sense no point them even trying to continue with hardware side of things.

Series S was poor design good idea but crippling ti the way they did was such a bad choice also the price point even today really is not that good when you line it up with deals PS had been offering.

Associate
I agree the current hardware in the X is more then enough.

Corporations pay attention to £.

MS has not listened for a very long time but have loyal following.

Look at all the negatives when XB1 launched yet everything people moaned about has added over time without people caring anymore.

A long time ago MS wanted to do deals to not produce hardware this was smart and makes sense no point them even trying to continue with hardware side of things.

Series S was poor design good idea but crippling ti the way they did was such a bad choice also the price point even today really is not that good when you line it up with deals PS had been offering.
I don't understand why they split the RAM pool. It's just adding another complication for developers. Didn't they learn anything from the PS3 split ram pool? And even their own Xbone Fgs.

Associate
I'm happy to pay for games, i also have an active ultimate subscription. I just get annoyed when the games i've bought end up in gamepass haha. I was luck enough to redo the gold for gamepass a month of so before they stopped all that. So i've still got it till some point in 2026, but i wont be resubbing.

Soldato
I don't understand why they split the RAM pool. It's just adding another complication for developers. Didn't they learn anything from the PS3 split ram pool? And even their own Xbone Fgs.

It’s to do with using GDDR for the CPU instead of DDR. I watched a video once about them explaining it and it made sense but I cannot remember the exact reasons why something to do with latency….

Last edited:
Associate
It’s to do with using GDDR for the CPU instead of DDR. I watched a video once about them explaining it and it made sense but I cannot remember the exact reasons why something to do with latency….
If they installed 20GB GDDR6 then they would have 560GB/s bandwidth and it would be unified. Instead they cheaped out and split the RAM. Stupid decision.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm happy to pay for games, i also have an active ultimate subscription. I just get annoyed when the games i've bought end up in gamepass haha. I was luck enough to redo the gold for gamepass a month of so before they stopped all that. So i've still got it till some point in 2026, but i wont be resubbing.

This as well, as I did the gold conversion a while back Im subbed to 2026 to, so Im not that worried what comes and goes on the service, I also buy the odd game, so when my sub expires I will just sub to the core service I think.
Though I have a PS5 as well, so I might decide just to sub to whatever I use more, and things change all the time, Im playing ps5 a lot at the moment and that needs essential for the cloud saves, not sure if xbox is free for that or you need core.

Last edited:
Associate
This as well, as I did the gold conversion a while back Im subbed to 2026 to, so Im not that worried what comes and goes on the service, I also buy the odd game, so when my sub expires I will just sub to the core service I think.
Though I have a PS5 as well, so I might decide just to sub to whatever I use more, and things change all the time, Im playing ps5 a lot at the moment and that needs essential for the cloud saves, not sure if xbox is free for that or you need core.

Cloud saves on xbox are free and are not subscription based

Associate

Yeah I’m on the verge of punting my pc on the MM and getting a ps5. So I’ll probably be doing the same.

Back
Top Bottom