• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
We don’t need new hardware we need new games.

It's almost like these corporations don't listen to those who buy their games and hardware.

I don't see how they can talk about the next gen consoles when they have only just stopped supporting the previous generation.

The mid gen refresh also didn't work it just created more confusion, was there really a need for the ps4 pro and Xbox one x?

Is say not really as they still had to make the games work on the "older" consoles so effectively all it done was make the cost of producing games higher.

I emplore Microsoft for having the series s and series x, making the s affordable and great for the entry level however this has presented its own problems.

Would they have been better off doing a Nintendo by not getting sucked into the song swinging of power outputs and just putting their focus on the series s and making quality optimized fun games for it?

Associate
Would they have been better off doing a Nintendo by not getting sucked into the song swinging of power outputs and just putting their focus on the series s and making quality optimized fun games for it?
I can see what you're getting at, but the Series S is much less powerful than the PS5 - all it would have achieved is even more market dominance for Sony.

Associate
I can see what you're getting at, but the Series S is much less powerful than the PS5 - all it would have achieved is even more market dominance for Sony.

Sort of, the cost difference would be a huge factor and could sway a lot of people. I think a lot of people have shyed away from the s as it's inferior against the X and you can't help but think you've bought the poor relation. Then if your putting £500 on a console people are like well I might aswell get the ps5 for that knowing it will ultimately be the more dominant console anyway.

The series s is more of an impulse purchase and a cost where people would think might aswell give it a go, but it needs a large library of quality games that are distinct from those on the playstation.

Then you've got the issue of the pc, both playstation and Xbox releasing their games on pc meaning a lot of their target audience will just game on pc and not bother with either console. Nintendo have gone down the younger gamers and family entertainment route which the parents love,

I'm sure my thought process is flawed however, and I note that people buy consoles for ease, PC's don't always work out the box and can require tweaking titivating

Associate
Sort of, the cost difference would be a huge factor and could sway a lot of people. I think a lot of people have shyed away from the s as it's inferior against the X and you can't help but think you've bought the poor relation. Then if your putting £500 on a console people are like well I might aswell get the ps5 for that knowing it will ultimately be the more dominant console anyway.

The series s is more of an impulse purchase and a cost where people would think might aswell give it a go, but it needs a large library of quality games that are distinct from those on the playstation.

Then you've got the issue of the pc, both playstation and Xbox releasing their games on pc meaning a lot of their target audience will just game on pc and not bother with either console. Nintendo have gone down the younger gamers and family entertainment route which the parents love,

I'm sure my thought process is flawed however, and I note that people buy consoles for ease, PC's don't always work out the box and can require tweaking titivating

At launch, the Series S was just about the only console people could find online ... both the Series X, and particularly the PS5, were in short supply during the pandemic. I'm sure that helped boost Series S sales ( plus the more affordable price ). By the way, I don't have the figures to hand, but you'd be surprised at how popular the Switch is amongst all age groups, not just kids. In fact, if I recall correctly, the largest peak is late 20's and 30's.

Associate
At launch, the Series S was just about the only console people could find online ... both the Series X, and particularly the PS5, were in short supply during the pandemic. I'm sure that helped boost Series S sales ( plus the more affordable price ). By the way, I don't have the figures to hand, but you'd be surprised at how popular the Switch is amongst all age groups, not just kids. In fact, if I recall correctly, the largest peak is late 20's and 30's.

Yeah I don't doubt it,

I know that pretty much every child in my son's year at school has a switch, and only a handful of them have the ps5 or series X and none have the series s.

They are 7 years old mind.

The Xbox doesn't have many games that cater for that age group

Soldato
The problem with Xbox is lack of quality 1st party games and quality ports.

Microsoft have so many studios and most they don't know what to do with.

Everytime they do release something it's usually botched one way or another or over hyped and ends up in disappointment, latest Forza Motorsport another example.

It's mostly mismanagement and very typical of large conglomerates taking over small companies, they suck the life out of them and stops them from being creative.

COVID didn't help obviously but also the last gen consoles ended up being supported much longer than planned which also played havoc.

However they should be catching up by now and the release schedule should be bursting at the seams, but that's not the case, so did Microsoft and to an extent Sony not have a plan entering this generation?

I like Xbox and playstation neither takes a preference for me other than I've got a series x, but this was purely because I already had Xbox and sticking with the eco system made sense and my boy was familiar with it. But one can't help be disappointed spending a lot of money and it feeling obsolete before it's really got going.

I'm hoping Microsoft are learning from this we shambolic era but being a huge corporation I doubt it.

I played Forza recently after doing 60 hrs in gt7 and forza felt like a serious downgrade and that's without considering that gt7 can be played in vr as well which makes it way more immersive

Last edited:
Soldato
We don’t need new hardware we need new games.

Yep, not just Xbox, but Playstation as well, I find it baffling how some people are more fixated on a future gen console, when games are what sell consoles, and so far this gen has been fairly average, yet people worry more about the next console like its some saving grace, for example the ps5 pro.

Soldato
Series S is however perfect partner for people who have a PC and PS5

That’s how I feel anyway when I want to game in high details etc it’s pc or ps5 I go to, s let’s me use game pass on counch and play with Xbox group etc

If I had no pc or it wasn’t a good PC I’d of opted for the x

Associate
Series S is however perfect partner for people who have a PC and PS5

That’s how I feel anyway when I want to game in high details etc it’s pc or ps5 I go to, s let’s me use game pass on counch and play with Xbox group etc

If I had no pc or it wasn’t a good PC I’d of opted for the x

What Xbox content have you played in the series s you couldn't play on the pc though to warrant the expenditure on the s?

Or was the s bought so you can play Xbox stuff on the telly?

Associate
The problem with Xbox is lack of quality 1st party games and quality ports.

Microsoft have so many studios and most they don't know what to do with.

Everytime they do release something it's usually botched one way or another or over hyped and ends up in disappointment, latest Forza Motorsport another example.

It's mostly mismanagement and very typical of large conglomerates taking over small companies, they suck the life out of them and stops them from being creative.

COVID didn't help obviously but also the last gen consoles ended up being supported much longer than planned which also played havoc.

However they should be catching up by now and the release schedule should be bursting at the seams, but that's not the case, so did Microsoft and to an extent Sony not have a plan entering this generation?

I like Xbox and playstation neither takes a preference for me other than I've got a series x, but this was purely because I already had Xbox and sticking with the eco system made sense and my boy was familiar with it. But one can't help be disappointed spending a lot of money and it feeling obsolete before it's really got going.

I'm hoping Microsoft are learning from this shambolic era but being a huge corporation I doubt it.
I can tell you what the problem is in 3 words. Diversity, Equality,and Inclusion. Yes that's 4 words but whatever. I won't elaborate on what I really think otherwise I would be banned. Make your own conclusions.

Soldato
I can tell you what the problem is in 3 words. Diversity, Equality,and Inclusion. Yes that's 4 words but whatever. I won't elaborate on what I really think otherwise I would be banned. Make your own conclusions.
No developers have just got lazy and safe. Scared to try new things and sticking with the same old types of games.

Soldato
Also to note with the s and x there hasn’t been a single game from Microsoft this generation that’s blown me away certainly nothing that makes the x feel massively needed over the s

Purely talking from a visual perspective here

Man of Honour

Yeah because those three things spell disaster in the video game industry, what an absolute rocket.

Associate
Yeah because those three things spell disaster in the video game industry, what an absolute rocket.
I should've said it's part of the problem,not the sole cause.For instance,why do i need to be force fed BLM and LGHDTV+? Games are meant to be escapism, not political propaganda. Anyway have a like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom