Your Backup codes - Important

Soldato
Is anyone having issues with their 2 step at present?

I just keep getting the "could not be confirmed" error. I have gone into my account and disabled and re-enabled the 2 step and re-set it up on authenticator software but it just wont have it :(

Sgarrista
Commissario
Is anyone having issues with their 2 step at present?

I just keep getting the "could not be confirmed" error. I have gone into my account and disabled and re-enabled the 2 step and re-set it up on authenticator software but it just wont have it :(

Check the time on your device, it is usually the main cause of problems.

Soldato
There may be an issue with the email at the moment, it's being looked into (one of the reasons we very strongly recommend keeping backup codes, or using the authentication apps)
This answered what I came here for. Luckily my phone was signed in and I could access the backup codes :) - email code hasnt worked since around lunchtime

Soldato
Ah nice, it's working now. Haven't been able to login for a while via email and the backup codes I'd saved when we were first prompted weren't being accepted for some odd reason.

Soldato
Emails aren't working again by the way.

EDIT: They're working, just delayed by about 10 minutes.

Also rookie mistake, I was copying the entireity of my codes when trying to use the backup codes the other day, hadn't realised each set of 3 numbers was a single code :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Is the back up codes list time limited? I have mine saved in an email to myself, yesterday I was too lazy to turn my phone on to use the authenticator so tried using a code but none of them worked (I think I'd only used three up to that point) after a while got the 'too many log in attempts' message.
Finally turned the phone on and logged in with the authenticator, the list only had a line through three codes but I generated a new list anyway.
Not sure if it was a bug or me being an idiot somehow, but I'd used them before with no issue.

Back
Top Bottom