Your bad driving encounters

Soldato
Had this one yesterday on my way home.

Driver looked like a super-sized version of Chunk from the Goonies movie. Passed her a little further down the road, blank forward stare completely oblivious to all the others around her (she actually cut up 2 more cars after me)

Sent it into plod but doubt anything will come of it.

Last edited:
Associate

Driver looked like a super-sized version of Chunk from the Goonies movie. Passed her a little further down the road, blank forward stare completely oblivious to all the others around her (she actually cut up 2 more cars after me)

Classed as normal now

Caporegime

Your attitude to "being right" is going to end up in a accident.

You see the indicator and immediately try to close the gap "just because" instead of letting off.

I understand your frustration but these cretins will not change their ways but being defensive in your driving will less likely end up with increased insurance premiums because you have had a prang.

Associate

You see the indicator and immediately try to close the gap "just because" instead of letting off.

I understand your frustration but these cretins will not change their ways but being defensive in your driving will less likely end up with increased insurance premiums because you have had a prang.
They went from 52mph at the start of them passing her and dropping down to 51mph just as the other car pulls over. So not speeding up.

Soldato
Classed as normal now

Unfortunately

You'll find the Tesla in front slowed slightly.

You're the type that causes an accident, being absolutely cuckold and timid behind the wheel. As the video shows it was not safe or clear for her to move over. Her indicator flashed once before she moved over, right at the point my concentration was mainly focused on the Tesla and the field of traffic in my lane beyond. A clear case of careless and inconsiderate driving on her part.

Please, for yours and other's safety, hand back your licence to Kelloggs and use public transport

Last edited:
Caporegime
Unfortunately

You'll find the Tesla in front slowed slightly.

You're the type that causes an accident, being absolutely cuckold and timid behind the wheel. As the video shows it was not safe or clear for her to move over. Her indicator flashed once before she moved over, right at the point my concentration was mainly focused on the Tesla and the field of traffic in my lane beyond. A clear case of careless and inconsiderate driving on her part.

Please, for yours and other's safety, hand back your licence to Kelloggs and use public transport

I do more miles a year than you do in ten but okay keep going as you are.

Caporegime
You just said miles not what you had on your licence.

You have plonkers like that women in the Citroen all over the road 24/7 and nothing will change that until we have autonomous transport. Getting stressed out with it constantly and "off to the internet" will do nothing but frustrate you more and more.

Especially when they are taught to drive by people like this!!!! Skip to 02:30.

Associate
You have plonkers like that women in the Citroen all over the road 24/7 and nothing will change that until we have autonomous transport. Getting stressed out with it constantly and "off to the internet" will do nothing but frustrate you more and more.

Especially when they are taught to drive by people like this!!!! Skip to 02:30.

That was the driving instructor? I know he may have been in shock but honestly. We have those sort of problems in front of our house when we have heavy rain, they just don't get it .last time we had to block the road to stop them creating the bow wave that then pours into our gardens and starts the flooding.

Soldato
I do more miles a year than you do in ten but okay keep going as you are.

Distance travelled doesn't equate to ability. The fact that you think it does highlights that your driving will most likely be poor

I'm fairly sure @Resident is a bus driver so probably does quite a lot of miles. Not saying I'm defending/picking at his driving or comments, but just providing some background info.

Indeed I am a bus driver.

Average, according to my Google History, is about 150 miles a day, add in my personal driving, close to 900-950 miles a week, more if I work 6 days not 5.

Associate
That's barely even worth taking the time to download from the dash cam, never mind sending it to the police :p
May be so, but if nothing is done about it standards will decline instead of getting better. I have said driving is not a right it's a privilege.

Man of Honour

I'm not seeing that in the video - the driver pretty much stuck the indicator on in the same motion as starting to change lane, most people would have been hard pressed to react in time to avoid an incident there. There wasn't even the usual clues like them closing on traffic in front or a junction coming up they might want to take (other than the joining road - I generally try to stagger with other traffic when passing a joining road for this reason as some people just move over without looking).

From the sudden change in their driving and starting to speed up I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the phone or otherwise distracted up to that point, then switched back to thinking about driving, with poor awareness of what was going on around them and how their actions would affect anyone else. I'm seeing a scary amount of it these days and it just boggles my mind how people are that stupid.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bare in mind that often in that position that indicator might actually be obscured to the driver as they sit further back than a dash cam. I am seeing this type of driving, also got hit by someone doing it yesterday, they initially decided to change from the left lane of a dual to the right on a roundabout but I was there.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not seeing that in the video - the driver pretty much stuck the indicator on in the same motion as starting to change lane, most people would have been hard pressed to react in time to avoid an incident there. There wasn't even the usual clues like them closing on traffic in front or a junction coming up they might want to take (other than the joining road - I generally try to stagger with other traffic when passing a joining road for this reason as some people just move over without looking).

From the sudden change in their driving and starting to speed up I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the phone or otherwise distracted up to that point, then switched back to thinking about driving, with poor awareness of what was going on around them and how their actions would affect anyone else. I'm seeing a scary amount of it these days and it just boggles my mind how people are that stupid.

Exactly you see it everywhere. That is why I just do not bother and leave a big gap to the car in front if I am running side by side someone on a dual carriageway. If people want to be stupid let them do it. The amount of times I see people hanging about the inside of my truck on say something like the A50 I would be a millionaire by now. Little do they realise the only thing that is allowing me to see them is a tiny little kerb side mirror which is easily missed if you are not on it.

The most common accident between car and truck is clipping a car because they are in its blind spot on the near side. Pretty much like what that women did in the Citroen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom