You've probably already read this but...

Bri

Bri

Soldato
I heard the story about 2 weeks ago, being not so far from Hartlepool, it hit the local papers before this story emerged.

When I & some workmates looked at the story, we laughed in disbelief really. How can that happen? Was the perpetrator carrying round some shaving foam in case they saw a dying woman, it's a completely bizarre story that it's shocking in a way where my own (and several others) initial reaction was to laugh in disbelief. Don't get me wrong, I didn't guffaw as if it was the funniest story ever, but a laugh took place nonetheless.

I believe that the person committing the heinous act thought the woman was a smack head, not an excuse for doing it by any stretch on the imagination, but probably relevant to the story.

I think its human nature to make fun of/laugh at extreme situations. It's certainly part of British culture looking back at serious events can you think of one where there haven't been jokes related to it?

When you put some thought into these circumstances, and even try & think 'what if it were me/my nearest & dearest', then clearly it wouldn't be worthy of a chuckle, but we wouldn't be who we are without being able to have a bit of a laugh at extreme situations. It's like laughing when you see someone fall over, and if you say you have never done that the frankly, I don't believe you ;)

Man of Honour
Actually I've got two similar stories to how onlookers react when they see somebody in trouble.

The first was my eldest daughter when she was about 15.
I'd had a phone call that she was very drunk and couldn't get off the floor (she swore that she'd had one alcopop and we deduced it was spiked).
When I arrived she was face down in mud but her back and hair were covered in spit which had been done by a load of lads who'd left before I got there.

Another time was in Stone where a young man had collapsed with epilepsy.
Everybody had walked past him and gobbed on him before I decided to do something.

Soldato
Actually I've got two similar stories to how onlookers react when they see somebody in trouble.

The first was my eldest daughter when she was about 15.
I'd had a phone call that she was very drunk and couldn't get off the floor (she swore that she'd had one alcopop and we deduced it was spiked).
When I arrived she was face down in mud but her back and hair were covered in spit which had been done by a load of lads who'd left before I got there.

Another time was in Stone where a young man had collapsed with epilepsy.
Everybody had walked past him and gobbed on him before I decided to do something.
:( rediculous

Sic

Sic

Soldato
OP
Sorry for going off-topic but nice to see you back dmpoole. Shame some of the others haven't returned :(

some people are obviously outside the rules.

that was a completely irrelevant interjection, also. no-one's saying they'd just walk past a situation like that. don't quite get the supposed relevance of the stories

Back
Top Bottom