• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

They are Here

Permabanned
tbh think the pricing on these is pretty good

cheapest GT £146.86 + del ( 256 MB )
cheapest 3850 £117.49 + del ( 256 MB )

compared to 2900 GT / Pro / XT these are great value, had I not found out my jobs gone down the pan today I'd have ordered one :(

Soldato
The 3870s are looking to be good cards, but I'm not convinced £158 is *that* competitive against the 8800GT. I'd say given the price/performance difference it puts them on more or less equal footing with the currently overpriced GT, but what about when the GTs drop to their proper recommended prices? AMD have to actually lure punters with better value, not equivalent value.

OcUK Staff
the his 3870xt has sold out now, wonder if the other brands will get any stock today, otherwise its another poor show for ocuk on release day:(

HI there

How do you come to this conclusion?

OcUK launched early two days ago so forum members could get in before the rush. We then launched early again today which I said we would last night, again forum members get a chance. However even though I've given you guys chances to get get we have sold 150pc of HD 3870 now we had ready and booked in. We have more HIS HD3870's to book in and warehouse aim to have these done later today, we just never expected to clear 150pc is whats been about 2 hours of them been live.

We still have 3850's in stock.

Fact is most if not all other Etailors are not even listing the product yet and its unlikely any of our competitors will have stock today.

There are a lot more HIS due in today/tomorrow. Sapphire shipped late so not expected until Friday Evening or Monday.

Soldato
HI there

How do you come to this conclusion?

OcUK launched early two days ago so forum members could get in before the rush. We then launched early again today which I said we would last night, again forum members get a chance. However even though I've given you guys chances to get get we have sold 150pc of HD 3870 now we had ready and booked in. We have more HIS HD3870's to book in and warehouse aim to have these done later today, we just never expected to clear 150pc is whats been about 2 hours of them been live.

We still have 3850's in stock.

Fact is most if not all other Etailors are not even listing the product yet and its unlikely any of our competitors will have stock today.

There are a lot more HIS due in today/tomorrow. Sapphire shipped late so not expected until Friday Evening or Monday.

Good news on the sales Gibbo! Glad I ordered during the window then ;) Especially when I was the first one to get it! haha! 150 in the first few hours tho...a lot better than I would have expected too!

Associate
I rather wait until after Xmas - cos Nivida is going to be release new Geforce 9 that will come up in Q1 2008 so I sit and wait until few months time... I may go for Nvidia Geforce 9

Soldato
Ah ****.

I missed the window, I've sold my current 8800GTS and being busy at work didn't get a chance this morning to jump on the website and buy one.

I'm now up poo creek without a paddle. :(

Back
Top Bottom