My Rally Project

Soldato
They're actually bolted on for a reason - all the fixings were broken and they're a pain in the ass to take on and off, so I thought "sod it, I'll bolt them on instead" :D

Yeah, the standard way of attaching them is crap, so bolt on is a lot better, function over form, especially on the rally car you are doing.

InvG

Soldato
I think the bolts would look better the same colour as the arch, but I know nothing about rallying, or 205's:p

They would, but it doesn't really matter, makes it look more scary and rally-like. :D Using the bolts is certainly handy, ensure that they don't decide to come off randomly (old clips should be fine, but the car is being thrashed so the stronger the hold the better).

InvG

Man of Honour
OP
Stop moaning about the bolts :p they're staying.

Well, it now holds water. Thank christ for that. Going to swap over the rear wheel cylinder in the morning because the bleed nipple on one of them has rotted away, tried heat, Plusgas, all sorts and it's just falling apart.

Then maybe I'll be able to bleed the brakes. Chance'd be a fine thing.

Man of Honour
OP
Crap weekend.

Fixed my water leak, bled the brakes and now have a firm pedal - and the hydraulic handbrake works :D

Drivers seat is in, fuel lines are fixed in place, interior of the car for stage 1 is DONE.

On the downside

The exhaust tube I was sent is too small so I've had to get more

Set fire to the wiring when I criss crossed a relay and lots of wiring went up in smoke! (all sorted now thank god)

One of my new brake lines is weeping (that'll be my crap flares then)

Just won't run right. Starts okay and is sparking on all 4 but won't rev cleanly. Tried ignition amp, coil, airflow meter, throttle body, ECU, distributor, leads, plugs.... nothing. Seriously getting on my **** now!

Soldato
Yep earths are all hunky dory. I wouldn't mind trying a different dizzy + cap as mine aren't known good ones, just old spares, and I haven't tried different injectors.

What phase engine have you got? I'm got a spare black dizzy + cap, and some spare injectors :D

Are you planning on bringing this down to the next RR meet?

Man of Honour
So did you fit the pads today? I have to say having seen it this weekend it looks fantastic! I should have tried out the seats. I can't wait for it to be sorted - hope your methodical head scratching session resolves the misfiring issue.

Back
Top Bottom