My Rally Project

Man of Honour
OP
So did you fit the pads today? I have to say having seen it this weekend it looks fantastic! I should have tried out the seats. I can't wait for it to be sorted - hope your methodical head scratching session resolves the misfiring issue.

Cheers!

Nah, I didn't bother, it's too cold and I couldn't summon the enthusiasm :D

Have some pics instead

My new "inspection lamp", much easier than holding a torch in my bloody teeth:

225.jpg

I think they should come with illuminated rear wheels as standard :p

226.jpg

Both seats and harnesses now in, all painting done, look how bad the fit on the ECP bumper is! More "tweaking" needed I think

227.jpg

This week I might do the brake pads, re-flare that dodgy rear brake line and waste more time trying to figure out the misfire.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lopez a lad at work has a 205 fully stripped and a blanked out door for numbers etc.I will get some photos and post them next week as i am off to Jerez tomorrow so wont see him.

He has just 2 seats a roll cage and fire system visable from the outside.Also has perspex rear window with those quick release jobbies on the boot.

Man of Honour
OP
Whats the Spraymate like? Reckon you'd do a whole car with it?

Yeah - it's never going to give a finish like a pro compressor and gun, but I reckon I'd definitely give the whole car a blowover with it.
I'm going to get some paint mixed to match the Manta and use it to redo the front and rear bumpers. If I'm happy with the results I'll use it to spray the body of the 205 I reckon.

Soldato
Couples of questions Lopez.

Are the solid rear beams mounts worth going for over say some Baker Group Ns? I've got a tougher lower engine mount due to the mi16 and wouldn't really want to put any more vibrations into the car :D

Also, would it say it's worth rebuilding the rear drums?

Just got some F1s on the front of mine so I'm ready to tackle the brakes / suspension now.

Do you ever go on msn btw?

Man of Honour
OP
Couples of questions Lopez.

Are the solid rear beams mounts worth going for over say some Baker Group Ns? I've got a tougher lower engine mount due to the mi16 and wouldn't really want to put any more vibrations into the car :D

Also, would it say it's worth rebuilding the rear drums?

Just got some F1s on the front of mine so I'm ready to tackle the brakes / suspension now.

Do you ever go on msn btw?

TBH the Baker ones should be fine, Group N or A, anything is better than the standard tosh which will be well knackered by now.

Rear drum rebuild is fiddly but so much better when done!

Reason for lack of updates in this thread:

1) Sodding great wasps nest been built in the garage, and with the hot weather they are everywhere as soon as I go in there!

2) Don't need the car at the moment and enjoying driving the Manta!

Soldato
Cool, can get the baker group Ns for £25 so a nice cheap upgrade.

I've just been out in the 205, great fun- still not quite used to having to rev the nuts off the engine though!

Plenty of bits and pieces to do, this thread has given me some good ideas.

You want to come down and do my bodywork? I've got a couple of problem areas :D

Soldato
Necropost!

Was just having a look in this thread to see how you did the battery relocation as I'm planning to move the one in the MR2 to the front soon. Thought I'd resurrect the thread whilst I was here and see if I can shame you into some progress. Guessing the car is still sitting there all unloved now you've got the Manta to play with? Forgot how close to finishing it you got, you need to get it done ;)

Back
Top Bottom