My Mac Pro arrives

Soldato
And goes back onto the courier van. :(

1000042ri1.jpg

Luckily they are open 24 hour so I'm going down to collect it tonight - so I'll take some pictures if anyone is interested.

/too excited

Soldato
OP
i know exactly how you feel. specs of your mac pro? did you get an acd with it?

2 x Intel Quad Xeon @ 2.8Ghz
10gb RAM (8gb is post purchase)
8800GT 512mb
2 x Western Digital 640gb AAKS in RAID0 and 320GB for Windows (games)
Two 16x SuperDrives
Airport Extreme Card / Bluetooth
Logitech G7 (Importing)
Apple Wireless keyboard

I was going to get a 30" display with it, possibly two 24" displays but the cost pushed me over what I was willing to spend, so I'll probably get either / or when Apple update them. I'll have to settle for my 2707wfp for now, which hopefully won't look too out of place barring the Dell logo. :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ooooo welcome to the club Slogan :cool:

Just to clarify, iTunes won't let you dual-rip CDs, otherwise it's smooth as silk.

Apply the EFI update first, it saves hassle.

Associate
WHOOOO!! THE WAHH PrOnge:cool:

And your assortment of contraband, I mean items in and out of the case 'owns' my half eaten Warburton’s Medium Sliced!:D:p

I have my Macbook pro hooked up to an LCD also but I think a Mac Pro could possibly be coming my way at some point in the near'ish future...

Congrats on your purchase dude! Enjoy.

XD-3

EDIT: And is that a 9xx Series card i see in there:eek: for \Boot Camp i guess ? I was wondering why you had the side of.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's an 8800 surprisingly. I can't get over how thin it is, it's crazy.

Reason I had the side off was because I re-installed Leopard on the raid0 array. Wiping the drives and putting them together for a raid is a completely different and painless experience in OS X - just incredibly simple.

8GB should be coming tomorrow so I'll leave the side off and put that in tomorrow. :)

Soldato
OP
Really is a bad time to find out that Boot Camp doesn't install on a RAID array of any type. :(

It's going to be a long night.

Soldato
I'd drop the G7 and get the MX Revolution, the G7 isn't supported by the Logitech Control centre on OSX so you can't remap the buttons. The MX is fully supported and is a better mouse from having had both. It stays charged for days as well.

Itunes will let you stack import cds, so if you stick one in each drive, it'll import one and eject that and immediately do the other while you load the 1st.

Soldato
OP
I have no idea poggy. I'm sure someone does who's passing by although it would surprise me if they allowed a CPU-upgrade, they seem to be rather scared of the idea on other products.

J1nxy, I did look at the Revolution, but I didn't really like it. I much preferred the G7. You are right in saying all the buttons aren't sorted for remapping but enough of them are. I'm not a big mouse person anyway (that has all sorts of buttons everywhere on it), I usually find myself at the keyboard for most of my needs. :)

Soldato
Very nice indeed slogan, enjoy it!

I don't care what people say, once you've seen one Mac Pro you've seen them all, but I can look at them all day long!

:)

Enjoy it, and get it working!.

(I think we should start doing some tests? like using Handbrake to encode the same dvd? to gain performance scores etc?)

I'd like to see your machine take on EVH's :p

Back
Top Bottom