• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A preview of whats to come - stonking benchmarks inside.....

Soldato
Nice - looks like 3.2GHz EE (says 3966MHz with 24% overclock).

Few things to note:

• Overclock is 24 x 166 (default is 19 x 166 I imagine), so there is a possiblity of a locked or limited FSB.
  • Says Cores 4, Thread 4 - but should be 8 threads? Maybe a CPU-Z bug.
  • Note the unsubtly disguised Triple channel RAM :p

Soldato
When do people think nehalem systems similar in price to current q9550/p45 systems will be available?

A good 6 months to a year after the release i guess.

The pricing on the high end chips at first is going to be rediculous, probably 600 or more just for a extreme edition. Think of what else you could get with the spare cash of a slightly slower cpu, like 2 graphics cards, or just saved money.

Soldato
I don't think I'd ever buy an extreme chip, I want to know what if any clocking will be available on the standard chips.. if there's nothing then I don't think I'll be changing.

The speed difference appears to be ok but not enough to warranty if there is no overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom