A battlefield2 thread

Associate
For me BF2142 just didn't feel right. The large majority of the weapons felt like you were just using BB guns or something.

I would very much like them to make an updated BF1942 as the weapons and pace of combat was fantasic.

Soldato
i played bf2 and 2142 equally, both amazing games with good and bad points... i'd love the balance and infantry battles found in 2142 to be created in bf2 .. now i love jalaalalalabad infantry only on BF2 but combine the better weapons and toys from 2142 into it and it would be perfect !! (imho*disclaimer)

im so hoping the next Battlefield game is based on 1942's weapons & vehicles with all the bells & whistles of todays uber gfx capabilities, alas i can dream :eek:

Associate
I just had a go on 50kclick server and there are so many hackers i had to leave, people running around like rabbits jumping all over the place. I saw one guy who was playing as support throw a claymore down (no chance to get a screen shot).

Soldato
Looking forward to 1.50.

Still my most played pc game, jalalabad all the way.

I hope they dont mess up the ballance, but hope they get some new admin tools to deal with rampant the hax.

Would be cool if you could mix and match weapons/class like in cod4, id take the fn2000 and medic kit..... that would be rad

Last edited:
Associate
I bet once the patch is finally released you read a lot of rants saying "we have waited over a year for this patch and this is all we get" etc etc...

You will deffinatly hear them say that but never mind. Given that most people bought this game what 2 years ago it is fairly decent to say they are still patching it every now and then. I know they make money from the server side from offical licences etc but it is peanuts compared to the original game sale. To even stick 3 blokes on BF2 patching is not bad.

I know we all hate EA and they are bad and ruin games etc but I play BF2 and BF2142 more than any game I have ever owned on any console or PC by an absolute country mile. No other game gives you 64 players all with their own agendas and skills beating the living poo out of each other for fun.

I also love the way I can choose to do a sneaky sniper or spec ops round or I can just become a grunt and slog it out toe to toe. Then for a change why not hop in a tank or a plane or a helicopter or a boat.

Then I get a bit bored of vanilla so I download some mod for a laugh some are good POE for one some are bad. I jut don't get Project Reality. If I wanted real life I would join the army and shoot real bullets. I think the game has better aspects (the health thing is really good) but as I no longer play with a clan and don't bother teamspeaking with randoms I usually just end up lost somewhere team killing my own guys or being shot by someone I can't even see.

In short I am wetting my pants waiting for BF3 as even if they released it and the graphics where like BF2 I wouldn't care as long as the environments where a little more realistic and a tank wasn't brought to a grinding halt by a 2 bar fence or an 18inch high wall.

Soldato
Eek, any links to what this patch will do? Perhaps it will give everyone full stats and unlocks, so they stop spending money on the stats servers.

Dosent everyone have all the unlocks? :p lol. TBH bf2 is the only online game i play.

Ranked servers are good, the stats aspect of the game keeps it interesting. Gives people a reason to play well and not TK.

Caporegime
I just had a go on 50kclick server and there are so many hackers i had to leave, people running around like rabbits jumping all over the place. I saw one guy who was playing as support throw a claymore down (no chance to get a screen shot).

Infantry combat was always bugged and crap in bf2. Nomatter what they fixed a workaround was always found. If theyve any sense maybe their next game will remove prone alltogether so infantry battles don't turn into annoying games of "he who hammers prone first, wins". I liked the vehicle combat, infantry was a total joke from day one.

Soldato
Infantry combat was always bugged and crap in bf2. Nomatter what they fixed a workaround was always found. If theyve any sense maybe their next game will remove prone alltogether so infantry battles don't turn into annoying games of "he who hammers prone first, wins". I liked the vehicle combat, infantry was a total joke from day one.

1.41 update fixed the dolphin dive, prone dosent always win

Look forward to the new security features, cheers for the link colossus :)

Not to sure about that map, was wanting some urban action

Back
Top Bottom