January Transfer Window Thread - rumours and signings here

Caporegime
Woah woah woah woah woah drunkenmaster... Eduardo, World Class? Not on your life.
The criteria for World Class must have lowered these days because scoring goals in a nothing league, not proving yourself in a tough league and playing for an average country (where you're still not the star) seems rather a poor marker to judge upon.

By using the exact same criteria there you could argue Kuyt is World Class.

Man of Honour
It's such a pity that Eduardo's ankle got rushed last year because he'd looked frighteningly clinical until that point. I've always wondered where we'd be at the moment had all those chances that fell to Adebayor fell to the Croat instead.

Soldato
Well personally I'm glad the Keane situation is over. I was happy when we got him, but certainly wasn't happy about the price we payed.

Hopefully Torres and Gerrard will hit it off like they did last year. If that happens and we remain injury free, I think we will do well goal wise.

Soldato
23 seems to be a number held in high regard by a lot of players for some reason.

I know Van Der Vaart always has it.

They should have just given Gallas number 6 from Senderos and 10 to Arshavin though.

Associate
He is - if you live in the world of the Kop (who believe they can win the league with one main striker) :D

We'd obviously prefer more strikers but they need to be able to hit the target, not fluff a series of air-shots.

We bought Keane for this purpose, but it turns out he wasn't the right guy. Even if he got games, he wasn't going to get goals, so any sensible club would sell while the price is high, rather than lose more money in a futile attempt to save face.

Soldato
Glad I didn't get Keane on my shirt now, wonder how much the actual cash loss was, as the £20m deal wouldn't have been paid in a lump sum.

Soldato
Newcastle made an enquiry for Kieran Richardson , for gods sake, regardless of how good (or not good imo) he is, we can't buy from the mackems!

Good news in that Alan Smith, Oba Martins and Viduka will be back against the baggies in the MUST MUST MUST win game, (I've been saying that all season)

Kuyt is World Class.

Thats a sig for someone right there ;)

Soldato
We bought Keane for this purpose, but it turns out he wasn't the right guy. Even if he got games, he wasn't going to get goals, so any sensible club would sell while the price is high, rather than lose more money in a futile attempt to save face.

He did score goals when given a run - and then was promptly sub'd or not even given a place on the bench.

I would reckon that the quality of player he is, even if he doesnt actually score, he can help others to score (even if not a direct "assist") - and being the player he is would be classified by most teams in the EPL as "dangerous" unlike most of the other strikers on your bench, .....as a replacement for Torres who cant possibly play every game from now to the end of the season (all of which are important otherwise you have no chance)

Any club in your position would easily forfeight the £10m max (after all even in the summer you would get some back) to win the EPL finally

Back
Top Bottom