LG Flatron M227WD - 1080p TV/Monitor mini review

Associate
Does anyone else feel the PQ over HDMI with a 360 is crap? I've just got mine this morning and already put in a return request as it just seems so blocky over HDMI on my 360 Elite.

I'm going to try it over DVI now and see what it looks like - but can anyone else confirm it to being not as sharp as expected?

Suspended
Does anyone else feel the PQ over HDMI with a 360 is crap? I've just got mine this morning and already put in a return request as it just seems so blocky over HDMI on my 360 Elite.

I'm going to try it over DVI now and see what it looks like - but can anyone else confirm it to being not as sharp as expected?

Looks perfect on my 360,
Play with the settings. Set it to movie mode and play about etc ( movie mode allows the 20,000:1 CR )

Associate
It looks like its up-scaling the image i've try'd it over HDMI, DVI and VGA and they all look much worse then i expected. DVI is ok but no where near what i wanted - i mean my 3 year old LG 19" seem better quality over VGA.

Maybe i'm wrong expecting 1:1 pixel mapping? I know someone else in this thread mentioned the same about the PS3? I guess it depends on what quality you expect to see

Soldato
Sorry to sidetrack the thread but do any of these type of monitors have Picture in Picture support so you can watch TV while surfing the net. ?

Associate
dvi.png

hdmi.png

This is what i'm seeing with my 360 - wish i saw this before i bought the bugger :( oh well its going back tomorrow.

Associate
What is the viewing angle like on this TV. I have an LG 19" which is very restricted off square and want to get a slightly larger screen.
How does it perform as a TV compared to a dedicated TV. Is it a TN panel.
Had a quick look through this thread but have missed the answer.
Cheers.

Associate
Just got one yesterday - pretty pleased so far. Was a bit over bright to start with but a few adjustments had it working really nicely. Freeview works just as well as our dedicated Samsung 40" LCD. Remote is good. Off angle is not great but then I am comparing it to my other VA panel, but as you correctly state it is a TN panel so the viewing angle goes with the territory. Overall I think it's a very good product at the price and all the inputs make it very flexible. If the viewing angle is a big thing for you then you might have to avoid TN panels...

Associate
Just bought one of these for my home office.

It's main use is as a TV with the occaisonal use as output for DIVX/MKV from my HTPC (Via DVI)

So far very impressed with it. Picture quality (Via DVI) is on a par with my Dell SP2309W

Tv reception is excellent, although the automatic scan would not puck up any Digital channels at all, although a manual scan (helps to know what channels your Mux are being transmitted on ;)) picked everything up.

The manual that came on CD with my screen now states (on page 13)

"HDMI Input does not support PC mode. If it is connected PC, the screen may not be displayed properly"

Associate
Only tried Dvi (PC) and The YPbPr (Sumvision Aqau HDD media player) and have had no issues.

I did try the PC via HDMI and found that the picture to not fill the screen and look pretty poor. Although setting it to 1680x1050 it looked resonalble.

I will be sticking to using DVI for my PC (I don't have any other HDMI based items)

Associate
Hi guys,

Bought this a few weeks back and am overall pleased. I am using it as a TV only to watch SKY SD. Does anyone know the working sky remote code for this tv please? I have searched online, tried sky interactive, even called sky. After trying many codes still no joy. I can use the sky remote to change channels but the volume control does not work :(

Please please please, someone must have this working fully with their digibox. Thanks in advance.

Was also wondering what are the best sound settings to use with the TV if not using external speakers, standard, voice, cinema etc..

Last edited:
Associate
Some great comments/reviews on this - whats the verdict on this solely for pc gaming @ 1900x1080, not really bothered about the other inputs too much on this one, but nice to have the option to plug a 360 in at some point all the same. Am I better off spending the extra on another monitor if it's mainly for pc gaming?

Associate
OP
Was also wondering what are the best sound settings to use with the TV if not using external speakers, standard, voice, cinema etc..

My preference is music

I was just wondering if it has an analogue TV tuner as well as a freeview one, thanks

Nope

Some great comments/reviews on this - whats the verdict on this solely for pc gaming @ 1900x1080, not really bothered about the other inputs too much on this one, but nice to have the option to plug a 360 in at some point all the same. Am I better off spending the extra on another monitor if it's mainly for pc gaming?

I wouldn't recommend this soley for PC gaming. Although its up there with the best, you're better off saving some money or investing the extra money into an actual monitor. This is a TV Monitor, as much a 1080p TV as it is a PC monitor ;)

Back
Top Bottom