Smart Failure

Associate
Hi all,

I have a few Samsung F1 1TB drives. I know that they normally have a yellow error in the Smart tab under attribute B8.

Now out of the three drives I have, 2 are internal and one was kept in an external enclosure to backup the most important data.

I got this drive out the other day to backup some more data and noticed that when I reset my pc with it attached it complained about a Smart Failure...

A quick check in HDDTune showed that the normal yellow B8 attribute was now red. Unfortunatly I do not have access to this drive at this exact moment so cannot post a screenie but will later.

The drive still worked, all data looked accessible and I could still write to it. Will run a chkdsk when I next have time.

Basicaly is this attribute anything to worry about? Does a Smart Failure allow me to send the drive back as faulty even though it contuines to work?

Cheers in advance,

Doug

Associate
+1. Exactly the same problem here. Today I got a red B8 "unknown attribute" on my 1TB F1. In my case I also have my BIOS (on boot) and Windows 7 saying replace the disk it is about to fail.
Will Samsung take an RMA based only on SMART?

Back
Top Bottom