Looking for an RPG

Associate
Looking for a new 360 game to absorb those dark winter's evenings, so for pure longevity an RPG seems the way to go.

I've played and loved Mass Effect, Fable 2 and the KOTORs but didn't enjoy Fallout 3 or Oblivion, so are there any for the 360 which I've missed out on? I've tried a couple of JRPGs in the past (Final Fantasy) and couldn't get on with the style, although admittedly that was a good few years back, so are there any which might suit my more western leanings?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Associate
OP
Thanks ic1male Just had a look at the site for Dragon age and it does look good, for western RPGs I guess it's wait for this and ME2...

Might see if I can pick up a cheap 2nd hand JRPG to try as it has been quite a few years since I last tried one, are there any which are easier to get into for someone not so accustomed to the style?

Soldato
Oh, I was under the impression they were RPG's.... Oh well, we live and learn.

The only other thing which might be calssed as RPG I can think of is, Rise of the Argonauts, which is apparently rubbish

Caporegime
Aye, I was going to mention Lost Odssey. It, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesperia are all rating 79-80 on metacritic but I think Odyssey is the best of the bunch.

Soldato
star ocean TLH if you like real time combat instead of TB.

Risen came out recently but dno if its any good.

coming soon is the spy rpg from the kotor devs Alpha Protocol.

Associate
Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are ace! I'd say BD is easier to get into, it seems kiddy but it's a really good game. LO has quite a weird levelling system (you can't really grind more than the area allows) but it is very engrossing.

Soldato
I'd get Enchanted Arms. I know its only got average reviews but I've played a lot of RPG's and for me this is one of the best. Certainly amongst the best in the last 5 years!

As mentioned above Lost Odyssey is really good as well.

Caporegime
Enchanted Arms is the one I got most furthest on. But whether this was because it was an almost-launch title of the PS3 and there was nothing else to play, I dunno. :D Still never finished though. Never finished any JRPG yet.

Soldato
Enchanted Arms is the one I got most furthest on. But whether this was because it was an almost-launch title of the PS3 and there was nothing else to play, I dunno. :D Still never finished though. Never finished any JRPG yet.

It's a shame because from what I remember the ending was the best part of the game. It seemed remarkably tough however... everytime I thought I had completed the game something else came at me! lol

Back
Top Bottom