Sking/Snowboarding 09/10

Associate
OP
Still no sign of any snowbase here - deffo not gonna be an early season!

Bought a new board, ordered some outerwear and had confirmation of my winter work schedule that allows for 5 days of riding per week - stoked :cool:

Man of Honour
Does anybody know any other online shops, or any shops for that matter who I would be able to ring on Wednesday this week to possibly order some? I am going to Snow & Rock in gateshead and getting measured up, then will see what they can do and ring around a few places and see if they can beat them. Ellis Brigham have the old style for fairly cheap, but I bet they're not in the size I need lol.

Blues might have some as they are normally pretty good but you're going to have to ring up about them since the website is very basic.

Associate

Bought a new board, ordered some outerwear and had confirmation of my winter work schedule that allows for 5 days of riding per week - stoked :cool:

There's no smiley that denotes jealousy, but if there was was I'd post comically large version of it as a response to this.

Soldato
Les Arcs is a good resort.

Has a lot of lifts, and a good variation of terrain.
A friend of mine actually decided to buy a place out there and run it as acommidation last season, so I'm definatly going to head there again.

Associate

What are you working as?

Soldato
Need some advice on dryslope boarding.
I'v entered some races and i need to know how to make my board go as fast as i can :D
Is there any point in waxing it with normal wax? or will it burn off before the first gate?

I'v seen some dryslope specific wax, but im worried that i wont be able to get it off again to put on some proper wax for the winter.

Anybody got any tips?

(PS anybody else doing BUDS/SUDS?)

Naf

Naf

Associate
(PS anybody else doing BUDS/SUDS?)

Unfortunately not this year as it clashed with the MPH Show :(

It's a hell of a weekend though if you haven't been before (and if you have, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about!)

Well, except the stupid awards meal on the Saturday night but that's another story.

Associate
I'm heading out to Val D'isere on the 11th Dec (cant wait) with Sussex uni (and a ton of other unis I assume).

Bought my cousins old board off him, but having massive problems finding boots - I have high arches and wide toes / forefoot, makes fitting boots (especially ski boots) a nightmare.

Anyone have any ideas for either decent ski/board boots or a decent fitter near Brighton / Guildford?

Associate
I'm off to Les Arcs in December snowboarding. Should be awesome, since it's the first time I've been to a resort outside of the UK.

Man of Honour
I'm off to Stubaital in Austria this Christmas for a week's skiing holiday. Haven't been skiing in 10 years! The ski technology has completely changed since I've been - it's going to be interesting... Love it though, used to do it pretty much every year for 10 or so years. Can't wait! Lots of holidays this year and next - it's a tough life :p

Just booked my second skiing holiday of the season in Switzerland! Might as well go nuts eh? :D

Associate
Tignes for me 11th jan :D got me own skis / boots / pools etc... now :D

Shall go again later in the year say march ... would like to go back to Valloire .... awesome skiing last year

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Don't know if anyone knows of any decent chalet companies which have chalets in St Anton? Normally go to val d'isere/tignes but fancy a change this year.

Want to get a late (read cheap :p) deal for first week in january.

edit: there will be at least 6 of us!

Soldato
Any of you planning trips/seasons away?

Rocker technology seems to be hitting the mainstream this season, remains to be seen if its going to be a fad though...

Rocker is extremely important for kiteboarding and wakeboarding. Gives you more of a 'scoop' which gets you higher for tricks. Also makes it easier to nosepress on sliders. Makes landing easier on the knees a bit also. For snowboarding....humm...you take off differently so i cant see the point of it.

Speaking of which, Im specking a setup atm to shred at the trafford centre ski. Ive hardly snowboarded before, but i cant see it being too different. Rails are my goal.

2010 155cm K2 darkstar.
A few kiteboards are made in the same factory as burton, and they fall apart, so staying way from them.

speaking of helmets...which is the most comfy? On the water i use the Protec ace wake which is perfect as the inner part is hard+soft foam. you cant tell its there, and fits the oddest shapes of head (mine!). Ive seen nothing like it for snowboards. Very little for comfort in comparison. those 3d0 beanie's / helmets out yet?

Associate
Don't know if anyone knows of any decent chalet companies which have chalets in St Anton? Normally go to val d'isere/tignes but fancy a change this year.

Want to get a late (read cheap ) deal for first week in january.

edit: there will be at least 6 of us!

I went tho St. Anton last year and it was good, quite hard runs and loads of moguls .... Lech nearby was awesome tho, make sure you go there, honestly you must go ... white circle run at lech too. Was expensive tho, night life was okay, everyone was saying its really lively but it wasnt as good as say alpe d'huez imo :D

Back
Top Bottom