Is this video for real?!? Hyabusa 220mph!

Caporegime
I'm pretty sure ,at that supposed speed, the white lines in the centre of the road would appear solid.....?

I dunno for sure but I think the speed of stuff passing at the side of the road also looks wrong for 220MPH.....

Can't say I've done 220MPH so its a bit hard to say..... :o :D

Man of Honour
The first Busa's speedos did go up to 220 as in the video... however, as savage as they do accel that Busa has been messed with.

It's deffo been geared right down.....as the video is not moving fast enough. (so making speedo hugely innaccurate)

The other possibility is it's got a turbo fitted and because of camera angle it appears slow, but I dont think so if you look at speed of things going past, especially the side road. Also, pullin a wheelie on a turbo Busa in the power in lower gears would unlikely without flipping it ;)

At 180+ you start abit of a tunnel effect... maybe the camera fps is doing weird things with the lines on road

I've taken a Busa flat out and though it goes like a bat out of hell as it gets to 200mph on speedo it's accelerating quite slow, and in reality going nowhere near 200 :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Driving on the right hand side of the road, I wonder if the speedo is in kph?
Watch when he is doing 50, it looks like he is hardly moving.

nope it's mph, the first busa had a speedo that went to 220, it's never did ping off the end like that though , not on a stock bike anyway

i think he's deffo running a massive rear sprocket, prolly 50% real speed.

Associate
nope it's mph, the first busa had a speedo that went to 220, it's never did ping off the end like that though , not on a stock bike anyway

Its supposed to be real , its a real old video the bloke is american and its got a large turbo so far from stock

as you know Flukester no busa's not even the pre-restiction 99/01 bikes will do 200 mph stock ;)

here's another twin turbo [ ghost riders ] 500bhp busa , on the road bit he's nutts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_gXPCMUDw&feature=related

heres what a stock hayabusa is like accelerating [ restricted ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4a2cgi0IOY

Last edited:
Godfather
Godfather
Definitely had it's gearing changed. As the bike slows the needle doesn't move from 220mph for some time. Still fast though - I remember mine well :cool:

Man of Honour
Can't say I've done 220MPH so its a bit hard to say..... :o :D

You mean those Scanias don't hit 200mph+ anymore? But their torque is huge... ;)

It's certainly impressive acceleration but I've got my doubts that it's a true 220mph, not least because it seems to simply hit that speed in a fairly linear fashion when I'd expect it to get to speed XXX quickly and then slow the gain as it heads towards reaching top speed.

Soldato

Seen it before on a few other sites its Turbo'd, the Hayabusa is damn quick but it dont pull that quick to 200 :p

Love the GhostRider TubroBusa vids, usually doing 200mph wheelies on a damn naked bike, cant remember how fast he has taken it either, 230 or something like that, his neck muscles must be as big as his balls :p

Last edited:
Associate
This was one of the first video's I ever saw on the internet, it's that old :p

It's been fiddled with, as said probably the gearing. The speedo doesn't match with how fast the bike was moving.

Associate
agree with what others have said but what throws me is if you look at the speed he changes gears at redline , those first 3 gears are bang on the money and even dare i say a touch slow , ie just over 80 in first 110 in second and just over 130 in third

would a turbo not still keep pulling up to the max ? yes the speedo would be out even on a stocker but those first 3 gears are close

then looking again he has white 220mph dials witch aint stock on any busa's , maybe white 220 dials stuck on the 186mph stock clocks ? dont they read more out the faster you go ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m always suspect about videos like this, as there’s a fair chance the guy has changed the sprockets, which could easily make the speedo misread, it’s also too hard to judge speed on videos I find; as I doubt the equipment being used is not capturing enough frames per second to give a decent representation of the speed.

200 mph or not, these bikes are fast :D

Soldato
looks a bit slow. event his one looks faster . a good watch though. its blooming amazing how quick the speedo flys round to 300kmh . shames he not got it de restricted as they do 300 with still a gear to go IIRC :p :eek:

seems like all the turbod ones are dissapearing from youtube. probably because its so easy for them to get caught from it :(

oh and only reason i posted that instead of busa was because the speedos GPS so you could get accurate judgement of the speed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom