ASUS ATI RADEON HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD £119.99

Associate
without or without the dirt 2 vouchers £119 for either the power color or asus versions of the 5770 i think represent good value for money over the rest of the 5xxx series.

Soldato
Da[]San;15379804 said:
Anybody ?

Between the two PCI Express graphics slots you can see eight red blocks that look as though they might be lights but in fact they are jumpers. If you want to change from a single graphics card with 16 lanes of PCIe 2.0 to CrossFire on two slots with eight lanes each then you have to move all eight jumpers. It's not the sort of job that you'll perform more than once or twice in the life of your PC but even so it's a surprisingly primitive system compared to other motherboards that use a digital switch.

It seems you can, you get 8x 8x instead of two full lanes but I can't see that hurting performance too much.

Just remember to switch those jumpers.

Associate
Hi folks, thinking of getting one of these cards for my sons machine. I think he currently has a 8400/8600 GT card.
The CPU is AMD 5000+ with a Foxconn A6VMX mobo & 500w PSU.

Should there be any problems ? Also ( if no problems ) should he see a notable difference in games ?

Associate
Hi folks, thinking of getting one of these cards for my sons machine. I think he currently has a 8400/8600 GT card.

Should there be any problems ? Also ( if no problems ) should he see a notable difference in games ?

There shouldn't be any problems, and there will be a very notable difference in games.

Associate

The PSU is the only potential problem. If it's a low quality PSU then it might not have anything like the 500watts it claims- and it might lack a PCI-e power cable. It's unlikely, but double check.

The 5770 is ~5 times faster than a 8600GT, but the CPU will bottleneck the card in some games.

Sorry to be a pain but how would one of these be after going from a 4850?

~20-25% faster. If your 4850 is the 512MB version then it might be more in some games- e.g It's more than twice as fast in FarCry2, but that is very rare in current games.

Man of Honour
I would love to be able to tell you how good this card is but it still has'nt arrived!!! Ordered Thursday evening when showing 10+ in stock and assured that it would be dispatched on Friday. Got a email saying it had been dispatched on Saturday yet tracking info only started working Monday night as it had only just been picked up. So it was'nt dispatched on Saturday at all!! Finally got to Aberdeen at tea time today but DPD or any of the other big couriers do not deliver to my area so it will be sub-contracted out to some cowboy outfit who may decide to deliver it late tommorrow afternoon. Not impressed at all and i certainly won't be buying the second card from here. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom