• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Associate
Gents,

Can anyone help me with getting the 9.12 officials? Its not coming up on ATI's site (O/S Windows 7 64 bit). Waited ages for these drivers!

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

Win7 is as pointless and Vant :p

PS A hotfix is due later which adds more fixes I believe.

o Support for the OpenCL™ GPU component of the ATI Stream SDK v2.0
+ The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides full support for GPU acceleration of OpenCL when used in conjunction with the ATI Stream SDK v2.0. This feature is supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series and the AMD FireStream™ 9200 Series of products. For more information about ATI Stream technology and OpenCL, please visit http://www.amd.com/stream.
o Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
+ The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups
+ Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series
o Support for DisplayPort audio
+ The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release adds support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels
* Fixes for the following issues:
o Resident Evil 5 – Performance drop during the opening cinematic
o Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 – Performance drop observed with a supported ATI CrossFireX™ configuration when using the thermal scope
o Wheelman – Game freezes while loading the game menu
o Flashing in various OpenGL titles – City of Heroes, Enemy Territories: Quake Wars, Riddick
o Heaven benchmark (DirectX 9 mode) – Grass flickers and white boarders observed around the edges
o ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series – issue with HDMI: DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD not working properly with certain receivers
o The desktop mouse cursor becomes enlarged at random when using Windows 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
No improvement in Dirt 2... benchmarks are exactly the same within a margin of error due to the stupidity of that benchmark (i.e it's different every time)

3D mark Vantage improves, as everyone has said. But really who cares.

Am interested to see others benchmarking.

Soldato
Applicable Products:

This article applies to the following configurations:

Software

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

City of Heroes

Resident Evil 5

Enemy Territories: Quake Wars

Heaven benchmark

Wheelman

Riddick

what no improvements to vantage, im dissapointed :rolleyes:

Associate
+ The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups

Wow! I cant wait for this hotfix. Means i save over £150 in selling my 5770s and buying a 5870 for eyefinity. This cant come soon enough, can finally make use of the two extra monitors:D

Back
Top Bottom