• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Official Catalyst 9.12

Associate
I'm blown away by the difference in Dirt 2 for me and my 5770's in Xfire. @ Ultra, 1920x1200, and 8x AA i'm up from 46fps average to locked at 60fps. Will try more games and get back to you.

Perhaps this driver does more for crosfire users than single card users?

Either way i'm happier than ever I went for the cheaper and faster option without the 3 month wait :p

Soldato
No improvement in Dirt 2... benchmarks are exactly the same within a margin of error due to the stupidity of that benchmark (i.e it's different every time)

3D mark Vantage improves, as everyone has said. But really who cares.

Am interested to see others benchmarking.

min 60, avg 62 for me, all on high settings, 1680x1050, v sync on, and thats a improvement for me for dirt 2 of about 8-10 fps on the min fps

Soldato
K, My issues.....

Flickering shadows in GTA IV.

Crysis starts at 24hz at 1080p......... My monitor does not support 24hz, can't see a damn thing. This and Crysis Warhead is officially broken.

Although feels smoother there are now seizure inducing flickering flashbangs in MW2, this did not happen in 9.11.

Dirt 2...... Awesome. 60FPS locked maxxed

Vantage..... 3000 point boost.

Whens the hotfix? Worst set of drivers for a long time issues wise I think. Disappointed.

Soldato
yeah just tried dirt 2 on ultra and get the same results of min 60 avg 62.

strange thing is though if turn v sync off avg is 54 min is 45, thought with v sync off fps should go up:confused:

Soldato
I'll be sticking with the 9.11's for now..

I thought these drivers were supposed to be the ONES? lol

TBH it doesn't bother me because there's nothing my rig can't run at max settings but was hopeing for some boosting for my sons 5770's (not crossfired) that they're getting for christmas.

Soldato
this is what i love about ati, i had 9.11's installed tried to run these over the top of them as so many people have been saying now i dont have a any ati hardware installed in my system lmfao!

oh well uninstalling old ones at least allows me to install them :D

edit 2 scratch that wont install........

windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. a recent hardware of software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (CODE 52)

GREAT!

Last edited:
Associate
vantage.jpg

fc2g.jpg

DiRT2: min_fps="63.864826" av_fps="81.098228"

Results are nothing spectacular.

Associate
~15-20 FPS improvement for me in modern warfare 2 also and crucially no more slow down in smoke or thermal scope :)

Do now have flash bang flicker though :(

Associate
K, My issues.....

Flickering shadows in GTA IV.

Crysis starts at 24hz at 1080p......... My monitor does not support 24hz, can't see a damn thing. This and Crysis Warhead is officially broken.

Although feels smoother there are now seizure inducing flickering flashbangs in MW2, this did not happen in 9.11.

Dirt 2...... Awesome. 60FPS locked maxxed

Vantage..... 3000 point boost.

Whens the hotfix? Worst set of drivers for a long time issues wise I think. Disappointed.

Theres always been flickering things in GTA IV :(

Back
Top Bottom