What is your job?

Associate
So what is your current job, your salary range (if you feel comfortable with this) - and what are you working towards?

I am considering job prospects as I am planning on whether or not to go to uni and thought that I'd make a thread on here to see what sort of jobs other people have that may be of interest :p

Associate
This thread is going to be interesting.

Don't go to Uni you'll end up 20k in debt and next to people who think they are owed a proper wage because they have got to University, all on flimsy A levels that exam boards give away nowadays.

I've you want to start a job somewhere, try being entrepreneurial and start your own business failing that McDonalds have a good career progression scheme.

Soldato
Current job - Unemployed
Salary - £50 a week
What are you working towards - Employment

Go to uni. A degree should help you find work, you'll have a couple of years to figure out what you want to do and, from what I've heard, it's a great experience.

Associate
I work in a sandwich shop....I'm also a student. Studying Animal Biology and will be looking for a job in animal care; wildlife parks, zoos, conservation places, kennels, etc. Not sure what kind of money I'm looking at right now but it doesn't matter to much to me, would rather be poor and have a job I love than be on a higher wage in a job I hate. :)

Soldato
I work in a sandwich shop....I'm also a student. Studying Animal Biology and will be looking for a job in animal care; wildlife parks, zoos, conservation places, kennels, etc. Not sure what kind of money I'm looking at right now but it doesn't matter to much to me, would rather be poor and have a job I love than be on a higher wage in a job I hate. :)

Animal biology eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8495630.stm

Your cards marked :p

Soldato
Ambulance Service Emergency Call Taker Supervisor.

Pretty much what it says on the Tin, I look after a team of call takers that take emergency 999 calls from you guys, the public :)

NHS Band 5 - so £20,710 to £26,839

Working toward: Control Manager (Being in charge of a Division on Dispatch)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ambulance Service Emergency Call Taker Supervisor.

Pretty much what it says on the Tin, I look after a team of call takers that take emergency 999 calls from you guys, the public :)

NHS Band 5 - so £20,710 to £26,839

I think I read a thread a while back about your job. You have only recently had it am I right? Congratulations :)

(I may be completely wrong..)

Soldato
Currently studying Economics and Business Finance at University hoping to progress into accountancy and corporate finance.

Income: Nil

I am job hunting at the moment, hoping to earn a bit of cash to fund my hermit lifestyle.

Associate
Game Engine Development, long long hours, hard work, not enough pay :p. Still a fun job about half of the time though!

Associate
Current job - Full time .NET developer
Salary - Currently based in Sydney but about AUD $100k plus bonus
Working towards - Happiness and a fast car :)

Back
Top Bottom