• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5 2,8ghz problems with voltages

Associate
Well, I was using my i5 stable with 1.05 V, where pass on linx OCCT and without errors, so I decided to try to use with less CPU voltage and down to 1.04 V, passed the 10 tests linx, then post at 1.03 V and gave error in the first loop, with this I put in 1.04 V and error again, which gave error, i put in 1.05 V and to my surprise gave error. I put it on auto voltage is 1.23 V and still now gives error.

Why is this happening?

PS - Before with 1.23 V and 1.05 V gave no errors, now gives? How do I fix this?

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, I have no idea what voltages you are talking about :o

Go to BIOS, load default/optimal settings and set the voltages as follows:

Vcore - 1.2V
VTT/IMC - 1.1V
DRAM volt - whatever your RAM is rated at, I think it is 1.5V in this case.

Leave anything else on auto. Boot and run OCCT 20 loops. Report back.

Associate
OP
I am talking about Vcore. With stock voltage is 1,23V, i have errors on linx.

The question is?? Why before with 1,05v, the tests in Linx, OCCT pass and now don't pass??

Soldato
Don't know, undervolting can damage your CPU as well.

Set vcore to 1.25V, boot and try LynX.

EDIT everyone claims undervolting shouldn't damage a processor but cause a hang-up. Are you sure the other voltages and settings are as they were before? There is a possibility that your system was never really stable. Have you changed RAM settings before testing?

Last edited:
Associate
i got the Memory Management BSOD - Memtest ran fine, turned out i didnt have the RAM fully connected - didnt want to push too hard and break it which meant i didnt push hard enough and it didnt go all the way in.

However, even after doing that i still got the Errors but havent had them for a couple of days now so not too sure. check the RAM voltage as well as mine werent set at the voltage that they needed

Associate
Remember to try resetting the bios to defaults -- it's very possible another setting is messing you up somehow (maybe you did something by accident? Possible...)

Reset and then check, check and double check all the settings to make sure everything is set right! :)

Associate
one of them is right, your having BSOD because of bad Ocing one of the reason is the vcore if its wrong even though it passed linx, prime95 you'll still get BSOD at some point. under voltage of cpu could cause the cpu not stable and cause BSOD. if you have a nice cooling then why not increase the vcore instead and see if its stable?

am running core i5 750 @ 3.7Ghz with 1.3x vcore and run 12hrs of prime95, 2hrs of linx, 20cycles of intelburn all stress test are using full load memory. happily all the stress test are stable.

Associate
OP
People, i find the problem. One Dimm has problems, if i test with one, the linx pass the 10 runs, if i test with the dimm with problems, the linx stoped after the first loop.

Voltage problems isn't, because the rams are 1,5V and they are in auto, and auto are 1,55/1,56/1,57V.

I can't understand is the reason why the dimm wuth problems start with problems after i change de vcore of CPU.

Associate
one of them is right, your having BSOD because of bad Ocing one of the reason is the vcore if its wrong even though it passed linx, prime95 you'll still get BSOD at some point. under voltage of cpu could cause the cpu not stable and cause BSOD. if you have a nice cooling then why not increase the vcore instead and see if its stable?

am running core i5 750 @ 3.7Ghz with 1.3x vcore and run 12hrs of prime95, 2hrs of linx, 20cycles of intelburn all stress test are using full load memory. happily all the stress test are stable.

Not always at fault!
i got the same error messages with NO overclocks what so ever

Associate
People, i find the problem. One Dimm has problems, if i test with one, the linx pass the 10 runs, if i test with the dimm with problems, the linx stoped after the first loop.

Voltage problems isn't, because the rams are 1,5V and they are in auto, and auto are 1,55/1,56/1,57V.

I can't understand is the reason why the dimm wuth problems start with problems after i change de vcore of CPU.

mine was set at Auto as well, but i set it manually at what the voltage was meant to be, maybe it think the voltage is higher or lower then what it is meant to be

Associate
never set ram volts to auto, go straight to timings and voltage and insert them manually

never set the vcore less than 1.25 mainly default

Associate
try to play with the ram sockets though try to put the RAM separate like 1 is on the 1st socket then 2 on the 3rd socket. if not work then call where you got the rams and let them diagnose it.

Associate
OP
Good, I repeat the process. I put the voltage from stock voltage to 1.05 V, I ran the linx 10 runs and then the IBT, also passed.

When i was to 1.03 V gave error, I increased to 1.05 V and passed the tests again and is stable.

My conclusion of that is the dimmof RAM is faulty / damaged. The PC is stable with one dimm.

OBS - Sorry for my English, i'm portuguese.

Back
Top Bottom