New DGteam Firmware (DG834GT)

Associate
So quite often in the evenings I notice my SNR goes down to about 4-5dB. Is this something the router should sort or is it related to my line/ISP?

Certain routers hold your SNR closer to the target better than others - the DG834GT is one of the best (a long side the Speedtouch ST585v6 & 2Wire 2700HG in my opinion) but at night it will be more unstable as the street lights come on, people turn on their lights, central heating comes on, tv's are turned on and so on - they all cause electrical interference which make your line noisier, making it harder for your router to keep a stable SNR. Around Christmas time my SNR will fluctuate quite a bit as Christmas lights are the main offender of electrical noise :p

There is not much you can do about it really, you already have a Broadcom-based router which are able to keep a stable SNR better than other brands of chipset :)

Has anyone else been getting really slow WiFi access and Web GUI access with the latest DGTeam firmware by the way? I've had to switch back to the standard DG834GT Netgear firmware as it's unbearable over wireless! (same wireless channel, the least contended one around here too)

Cheers :)

Soldato
Certain routers hold your SNR closer to the target better than others - the DG834GT is one of the best (a long side the Speedtouch ST585v6 & 2Wire 2700HG in my opinion) but at night it will be more unstable as the street lights come on, people turn on their lights, central heating comes on, tv's are turned on and so on - they all cause electrical interference which make your line noisier, making it harder for your router to keep a stable SNR. Around Christmas time my SNR will fluctuate quite a bit as Christmas lights are the main offender of electrical noise :p

There is not much you can do about it really, you already have a Broadcom-based router which are able to keep a stable SNR better than other brands of chipset :)

Has anyone else been getting really slow WiFi access and Web GUI access with the latest DGTeam firmware by the way? I've had to switch back to the standard DG834GT Netgear firmware as it's unbearable over wireless! (same wireless channel, the least contended one around here too)

Thanks, very informative :)

Can I do anything with SNR percentage to improve this?

Soldato

Accessing the web Gui over wifi seems perfectly fine on mine running the latest, speeds as they should be

Associate
OP
Thanks, very informative :)

Can I do anything with SNR percentage to improve this?

All you an do is move it up or down, everything generating noise along the lines length contributes i.e. the whole street. It's worth pointing out that how low you let your snr go depends on your preferences but there's a point where the errors created outweigh the increase of speed that people don't usually pass.

Personally my line's quite poor, I have a snr drop of 5-60% daily (morning and night) but the router keeps a stable line right down to 0.8db :D

Down to 4-5db from what?

Associate
The firmware works great.

Some welcome new features to my DG834GT

Got a stable 1mb speed increase on my ADSL2 line by dropping the SNR down to 75%.

Good job DGTeam :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
1018 is out, half bug fixes half adsl driver experiments it seems.

ADSL DRIVER UPDATED TO VERSION 026 for Annex A Brcm models;
ADSL DRIVER UPDATED TO VERSION 025d for Annex B Brcm models (with phyRe technology support);
IPROUTE2 TC UPDATED TO VERSION 2.6.33 (with some code optimizations);
Added TLS client authentication support to GT/PN/G/N vpn section (possibility of connecting auth-based vpn servers directly);
Added diagnostic & custom setup section links to modem menu webframe;
Added N2000/N2000B web-size optimized custom setting top gif reducing total space amount (Kussolino);
Fixed bug on udhcpd (quick startup could cause wrong static lease assignements);
Fixed orig bug on N2000/N2000B led functionalities (wrong vanilla kernel led module);
Removed snmpd section on N2000/N2000B due to flash space overhead;
Removed dnrd & reaim proxies on N2000/N2000B due to flash space overhead;
Removed WPS, smart wizard & upgrade, adsl test, TR069 & parental control sections on N2000/N2000B due to flash space overhead;
Removed orig section help webpages on N2000/N2000B due to flash space overhead;
Orig target-filesystem cleanup removing unused webpages & gifs;
Code cleanup & revision on some busybox internal filters & editors;
Code-cleanup on dgteam software improving speed & reducing code size & memory usage.

Just remember 23o are the drivers from the last release, and seem to be the only ones that won't result in a brick :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
im using 026 driver in 1018 driver.

the advance adsl settings dont work they are fault. i have to keep it on default.

im using dmt tool to adjust my snr, atm as the web config seems broken.

overall it seems ok. ive posted my stats on another thread.

Soldato
Well i decided to upgrade my firmware to 026...Got a shiney white brick now :(
The guys at dgteam have really dropped the ball on this one,not impressed at all
Although i do realise that it is at your own risk
Tried the recovery utility no routers are found:(

Associate
The guys at dgteam have really dropped the ball on this one,not impressed at all

Have you tried using the recovery utility after turning the router off, and back on while holding the reset button in. Your lights shud start flashing alternately, this means the recovery utility can now detect the router.

Associate

Just upgraded mine to the 26 it seems to be working fine still im connected using it now, how come yours has bricked?

Soldato
Beats me mate it all appeared to go fine then when it finished no internet light,power light is on so are the lan lights but cannot access the router at all.deader :(
Got one off the bay for £21 last night(decided it was the cheaper option rather than get a more expensive choice)
Currently using a 2 wire BT2700HGV which is working fine but not as fast as i can squeeze out of my line with a dg834gt,seems more stable though

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What is the most stable firmware for the DG834 v4 then?

Also on a BT 2700HG-V, but want to try a v4 that I have laying around.

Back
Top Bottom