Sports Arena World Cup Meet

Caporegime
Birmingham is central, that's why we picked Brum.

I imagine that it would be central Brum, Broad St etc.

Anywhere that's a decent enough boozer to watch the football in, I'm in Birmingham on Monday so I'll have a look around :)

Gilly can jog on with his Leeds or Nottingham crap!

Somewhere a bit out of the way? ;)

Soldato
there's a fair few 3d pubs on broad street, might be worth a look? I know walkabout is 3d and there's a couple directly around it as well.

Man of Honour
Might be interested if it's somewhere near a station. Definitely nowhere north of Birmingham, that's over 3hrs on the train from here, compared to less than 3hrs from the moaners in Liverpool/Leeds :)

Man of Honour
So what's happening then, we agreed a date or what? Am off to California end of June and pretty hectic busy between now and then...

I think the 19th of June was looking good for this, no England games that day and that was one of the criteria suggested early on.

G|mp should hopefully be posting back with the results of his reconnoitering/loitering around Birmingham soon.

Permabanned
Ah yeah sorry, I got pished and forgot :/

I only went in the Square Peg and I wouldn't send a dog in there tbh.

We can go round Broad St and the Mailbox, there will be plenty of places showing the games :)

Soldato
OP
I lived in the Crowne Plaza next to the mailbox for near enough 2 years. There are loads of bars along broad street that will have footy on- Walkabout, Lloyds etc etc. Proper townie bars though and not normally where I would drink out of choice.

Mailbox only had one bar which I forget the name of that showed the footy and then only on normal TV not Sky, it was mostly food places.

Brindley place is close by too.

Will have a look at how I am fixed and may book a room down there..

Permabanned
That's ok, we'll send G|mp there and we'll go somewhere else :D

19th sounds good, better book it off work now as I have to book 3 weeks in advance, eugh.

I resent that statement, I am not a chav, dodgy looking yeah, I'll give you that!

Wait how I announce that you're Villa in the pub bey!

Back
Top Bottom