best deal for HTC Desire ?

Underboss
Hi all

i've decided to get a desire now, and i was going to buy an unlocked phone and just stick a PAYG sim card in it, i dont plan on using it "that" much, i dont call or txt much, and i wont use the internet that much on it.

ive looked around (ebay and other forums) and they seem to go around £250 - £280 unlocked

but i have just found this site :
http://top10.com/mobilephones/deals/htc_desire/#products=minutes=0&texts=0

and looked at every deal and number 10 works out the cheapest
£25 a month * 24 (months) = £600 - cash back @ £163 = £437 (over 2 years)

is that the best deal? or should i get one for £280 and put a PAYG sim in it?

any advice?
Thanks

Soldato
I stay well away from 24 month contracts. Have you looked at Tesco mobile, 12 month contracts are usefull as you can get another phone + sell that one to get some money back, or change to a cheap pay as you go sim

I think vodaphone do the best 18month deal.

Man of Honour
http://www.mobiles.co.uk/

These guys will have similar cashback deals to buymobilephones and they are backed up by the Carphone Warehouse (and owned by them) so you'll have better peace of mind.

Mobilephonesdirect may be worth a look too, no cashback deals but some of the T-Mobile deals are quite nice.

Associate
From Mobiles: Orange Dolphin 25

Through Quidco and from Mobile's own cashback by redemption = £400 over 24 months. However this is a slightly different deal of 300mins, u/l texts and 500mb date per month.

So in real terms it's just £5pm for the calls, text and data over the two years if the phone costs £280 (sim only.) Not to shabby a deal really. My T-Mobile couldn't/wouldn't get anywhere near this deal when I asked for my PAC.

Underboss
OP
From Mobiles: Orange Dolphin 25

Through Quidco and from Mobile's own cashback by redemption = £400 over 24 months. However this is a slightly different deal of 300mins, u/l texts and 500mb date per month.

So in real terms it's just £5pm for the calls, text and data over the two years if the phone costs £280 (sim only.) Not to shabby a deal really. My T-Mobile couldn't/wouldn't get anywhere near this deal when I asked for my PAC.

cheers
on mobiles, it is 300 mins etc as you say, £12.50 * 15 months = £187.50 + £25 * 9 = £225 (225+187.50) = £412.50 over 2 years

Soldato
http://www.mobiles.co.uk/

These guys will have similar cashback deals to buymobilephones and they are backed up by the Carphone Warehouse (and owned by them) so you'll have better peace of mind.

Mobilephonesdirect may be worth a look too, no cashback deals but some of the T-Mobile deals are quite nice.

I've just got one on mobiles.co.uk (via quidco) getting it tomorrow! whoop :D

?360 over 24 months (or ?15pm) and it's unbranded/unlocked too :D
Like o2 simplicity but with a free desire :D:D:D:D:D

cheers Robbo
________
Ipod games

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've just got one on mobiles.co.uk (via quidco) getting it tomorrow! whoop :D

£360 over 24 months (or £15pm) and it's unbranded/unlocked too :D
Like o2 simplicity but with a free desire :D:D:D:D:D

cheers Robbo

Pleasure mate.

Mobiles.co.uk offer a superb service too so you wont have any trouble with them.

Underboss
OP
Yep, it's the orange Dolphin 25 with £50 cashback from quidco, mobiles say the phone is unlocked and will work on any network.
Edit: too late..

thank you

well, i dont think I can beat that, i think thats the best deal surely?

even if i paid £280 for the phone, and bought a PAYG sim card, im looking at the same figures , if not more!??

Soldato
thank you

well, i dont think I can beat that, i think thats the best deal surely?

even if i paid ?280 for the phone, and bought a PAYG sim card, im looking at the same figures , if not more!??

It's the best deal I could find (providing you don't mind a 24 month contract)
My other option was o2 simplicity ?15 + ?100 quidco cashback + ?285 for the desire. However that's ?80 more expensive over 24 months (assuming the ?100 cashback still exists in 12 months)
________
CARIBBEAN COOKING

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom