best deal for HTC Desire ?

Underboss
Hi all

i've decided to get a desire now, and i was going to buy an unlocked phone and just stick a PAYG sim card in it, i dont plan on using it "that" much, i dont call or txt much, and i wont use the internet that much on it.

ive looked around (ebay and other forums) and they seem to go around £250 - £280 unlocked

but i have just found this site :
http://top10.com/mobilephones/deals/htc_desire/#products=minutes=0&texts=0

and looked at every deal and number 10 works out the cheapest
£25 a month * 24 (months) = £600 - cash back @ £163 = £437 (over 2 years)

is that the best deal? or should i get one for £280 and put a PAYG sim in it?

any advice?
Thanks

Underboss
OP
From Mobiles: Orange Dolphin 25

Through Quidco and from Mobile's own cashback by redemption = £400 over 24 months. However this is a slightly different deal of 300mins, u/l texts and 500mb date per month.

So in real terms it's just £5pm for the calls, text and data over the two years if the phone costs £280 (sim only.) Not to shabby a deal really. My T-Mobile couldn't/wouldn't get anywhere near this deal when I asked for my PAC.

cheers
on mobiles, it is 300 mins etc as you say, £12.50 * 15 months = £187.50 + £25 * 9 = £225 (225+187.50) = £412.50 over 2 years

Underboss
OP
Yep, it's the orange Dolphin 25 with £50 cashback from quidco, mobiles say the phone is unlocked and will work on any network.
Edit: too late..

thank you

well, i dont think I can beat that, i think thats the best deal surely?

even if i paid £280 for the phone, and bought a PAYG sim card, im looking at the same figures , if not more!??

Underboss
OP
Your order is now complete

HTC Desire on Orange - FREE!
Orange Dolphin 25 (24 Months)
With 300 mins & Unlimited texts + 500MB data per month
Your monthly line rental will be £12.50 per month after redemption

Includes:
Gadget Phone Support - first month FREE, cancel at any time, £2.99/month.
PhoneCare Insurance - first month FREE, cancel at any time, £7.99/month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal Mail Special Delivery - Despatched Tomorrow £0.00
Total Cost £0.00

What is "Gadget Phone Support" ?

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
my contract with orange is up and need a new phone but they wanna a charge £200 upgrade to a galaxy S/desire/X10. :(

If i cancel my contract is it possible to keep my number if I take out one of these dolphin 25 deals through mobiles.co.uk etc?

just checked my emails, and mobiles.co.uk say this :

Hello

Further to the despatch of your new contract mobile phone order, you may be interested to know how you can transfer your existing mobile phone number to your new mobile phone.

Transferring your number, known as porting, is only possible when you move from one network to another. If you have a new contract on the same Network it will not be possible to transfer it.

Full details on transferring your number are available at http://www.mobiles.co.uk/mnp_pac.htm

To start the process of porting your number, please call the customer services team at your existing Network and request a 'PAC Code'. Their numbers are:

- O2 - 100
- Orange - 150
- 3 - 333
- T-Mobile - 150

Then simply call your new network's customer services department and give them this PAC Code. It should only take a few days (networks vary) for your number to go live on your new phone.

Vodafone porting can take 7 days and your SIM card will remain inactive during this time.

Regards,

Mobiles.co.uk Order Processing Team
http://www.mobiles.co.uk

Underboss
OP
FAO the people who did ther cashback deal through QUIDCO , please help

Hi

I have my "threshold" at £50 (BACS) and i have currently got over £60 in my quidco account, its been like that for a week now since receiveing my mobile and cashback, how do i get the cashback in my account? does it take so many weeks or something? anyone received theres yet?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom