• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Not quite sure why everyone's so happy about using it for GTA4, that game was an appalling console port and the graphics were mediocre at best. Yes you can install mods and what not, but it's a bit too little, too late.

I thought the graphics were great on the whole, the shadows got fixed in a patch, so it was only missing AA.

Plus, the atmosphere for me made up for it :)

Soldato
OP
mlaaaa.jpg

Very smooth and very analyzed :)

Soldato
OP
Always hated the jaggies in dead space and there was noway to force AA with Nvidia or AMD....until now, looks good.

Looking at the image behind the results it does not look too hot, can you do us a full screen image with the results.

I could but not sure how to capture the screen grab yet lol as when i print screen it shows the image on my desktop with no MLAA lol only in fullscreen it shows it due to the filter though i think amd brought out a tool to do it, going on a search spree lol

Soldato
No bad company 2? :(

From what I've read, it works in ALL games and all versions of DX.

From the anandtech review;

For the 6800 series, AMD is implementing MLAA as the ultimate solution to anti-aliasing. Because it’s a post-processing filter, it is API-agonistic, and will work with everything. Deferred rendering? Check. Alpha textures? Done. Screwball games like Bad Company 2 that alias everywhere? Can do! And it should be fast too; AMD says it’s no worse than tier Edge Detect AA mode.

Back
Top Bottom