***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
I know I've said this before but I'll say it again, the standard/premium cars thing is beyond retarded. I wish they had just ditched the whole idea of 'standard' cars and only had the premium cars in the game. 200 cars is plenty, and they could have added more via DLC.

I just hope that it's possible to progress through the game whilst totally ignoring the 'standard' cars. If not, it's a deal breaker for me :(

i got fed up with the numerous versions of the same car in previous gt games, but 5 just takes it to a whole new level of ridiculousness. Not that FM2/3 were perfect, mind. but gt5 is a whole different level.

Associate
I know I've said this before but I'll say it again, the standard/premium cars thing is beyond retarded. I wish they had just ditched the whole idea of 'standard' cars and only had the premium cars in the game. 200 cars is plenty, and they could have added more via DLC.

I just hope that it's possible to progress through the game whilst totally ignoring the 'standard' cars. If not, it's a deal breaker for me :(

fully agree!

Also wish they would ditch the 10 thousand variants of the skyline/evo/impreza!

Soldato
i got fed up with the numerous versions of the same car in previous gt games, but 5 just takes it to a whole new level of ridiculousness. Not that FM2/3 were perfect, mind. but gt5 is a whole different level.

True forza had like 17 versions of the 911 lol, think there is 800 unique cars in GT5 more than any other racer i guess. As for the standard/premium thing, im not sure the idea behind it perhaps the average GT gamer wont care as they havent cared about damage and interior before. Its only when you compare with the Premium that you could feel short changed, one thing is that the GT5 premium cars have been done in such away that GT6 onwards they wont really need re-modelling. Look at them in photo travel mode imagine a game with cars looking like that in game? Sure this aint gonna happen on the PS3 but for the future its going to help PD make the next gen GT games.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The look of a car is a deal breaker ? It handles the same, I glad they included as much variety as possible

It's not just the look of the cars, that's not the issue. The fact that they appear to have less upgrade options is a real shame but not a massive issue, the real deal breaker is the lack of an interior veiw. I will always play racing games in the interior view if there is one available, and switching from interior view to a different view for different races will just annoy the hell out of me.

It's a non-issue if the game can be progressed without using the standard cars at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite pleased with the AI at the start there. A car actually avoided crashing into him as opposed to just ploughing through. What happened at the end there? Smoke pouring out but the car still seemed fine.

Burst tyre he talks about it, happens about half way round the second lap and you can see it getting worse and effecting the car handling.
As for the AI saw some vids on GAF a day or so ago with him trying to cause the AI to hit him, it looked pretty convincing as the AI braked and swerved to miss/overtake, also the AI fighting for the line, making mistakes and generally trying to out drive you and the other cars.

Caporegime
Burst tyre he talks about it, happens about half way round the second lap and you can see it getting worse and effecting the car handling.
As for the AI saw some vids on GAF a day or so ago with him trying to cause the AI to hit him, it looked pretty convincing as the AI braked and swerved to miss/overtake, also the AI fighting for the line, making mistakes and generally trying to out drive you and the other cars.

I thought it was a tyre overheating? If it was "burst"/punctured, it should have affected his driving a lot more, I think?

rp2000

Soldato
Are there any good reviews up yet?

I've not got a PS3 but was considering buying one for this game, but the feedback so far seems poor.

I think the problem with the game is it has been in development for 5 years and has been hyped up so much that people are expecting it to be something special and its not quite living up too the expectations. Its an ok racing game but no super-star that was expected....

Associate
i5do9h.jpg

Soldato
Pretty much said exact same thing as DreXeL earlier on in thread, These standard cars are going to be no good for me, I will be playing with wheel... I need interior view.

So stupid having all the wheel options and pushing wheel use for consoles but not having the optimal view point in most of the cars in game.

Soldato
Pretty much said exact same thing as DreXeL earlier on in thread, These standard cars are going to be no good for me, I will be playing with wheel... I need interior view.

So stupid having all the wheel options and pushing wheel use for consoles but not having the optimal view point in most of the cars in game.

Did you play Forza 2? Or any other GT game before? Pretty sure they didnt have cockpit view and we got round it. You could also just use the 200+ premium cars and not use the rest, i expect that all classes will be covered with premium models.

Back
Top Bottom