***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

V F

V F

Soldato
Spent a few hours playing this now and tbh it's a horrid game.

There is no sense of speed even in the fastest cars it feels so slow and drab. The handling must have been written by a teenage saxo driver as it is pretty useless. Why do my cars even performance models slide at 30mph. I had an Evo and it did not slide and slip all over the place like it does on this game. Lots of screen tearing although there are options so this could be fixed.

I really wanted to get into this but tbh it is awful.

What cars have you been in? it feels anything but 30mph. Try taking a Ferrari Enzo around Le Mans.

If you're sliiding you need to drive better lol. Real cars are difficult to drive at high speeds this is reflected in the game.

It can be scary at times when the suspension load releases in some odd corners braking while slowly turning. Or some of the high speed bumps on the road. The steering wheel becomes very light as you feel the rear start to lose or snake. Especially with regular road tyres and suspension. But it's hella fun apart from the repetitiveness.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have been playing a bit more and it's growing on me. I'm still not convinced on the handling but have been having some good races. I have also re configured the controller which has helped.

V F

V F

Soldato
Ah, controller. The best experience is on a wheel with simulation and power steering set. Plus Rally is more wild.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom