i've just realised, we are having our trousers pulled down!

Caporegime
is there actually anything people can do or are we just expected to have it harder again this year than last year and repeat?

We can vote Labour in at next elections as a protest against this government and then rinse and repeat for another 100yrs.

Labour
Labour
Conservatives
Labour
Lib Dems
Conservatives
Labour
Conservatives
Labour
Coalition
etc.

...it doesn't really matter what order we vote them in we'll be shafted all the same. Perhaps that's why the ruling class are so afraid of the fringe parties they might actually work to serve the people instead of steadily making us poorer and worse off.

Soldato
Yes, we are getting royaly shafted. However, people will just get on with it. There's no doubt about that. I don't agree with it but then there's not a fat lot can be done about it.

Because we're British we tolerate everything which shouldn't be the case in some cases.

We whinge about the cost of petrol but nothing ever gets done about it, people walk over us.

U.S on the other hand, increase the price of something and riots break out.

This country is such an embarrassing mess.

Permabanned
Speculators mate - blame them. Since the credit crunch people have stopped speculating on stocks and shares and put them into commodities. It's why metals like gold, silver, copper etc is at record highs, causing your consumer electronics to go up in price, it's why wheat is at record highs causing food prices to go up, it's why cotton is at record highs causing the clothes prices to go up.

You know that "credit crunch" doesn't actually mean anything? You're talking about the recession but saying credit crunch, which is just a buzz phrase that has no real meaning.

Soldato
and what's wrong with this? the offshore risk? they have too much power, they shouldn't be able to offshore!

What's wrong with it?! It's absolutely retarded and totally backwards thinking. It wouldn't bring new businesses to our shores when they are much needed and it would drive current businesses away which would quickly empty our purse. What would be the benefit of taxing profit makers highly? We'd get more money? No, they'd leave and we'd get hee-haw.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Superewza hilarious.

Soldato
This nation is good at complaining. That's about it, nothing really get's done and most of the population doesn't understand how the **** the economy works. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Because we're British we tolerate everything which shouldn't be the case in some cases.

We whinge about the cost of petrol but nothing ever gets done about it, people walk over us.

U.S on the other hand, increase the price of something and riots break out.

This country is such an embarrassing mess.

The VAT increase, I don't mind. another 2.5% isn't huge in the grand scheme of things. The fuel taxation levels and increase though?. Now that annoys me. ;)

The US?. I can't recall them being particularly well known for protesting in an effective manner at any price increase for anything?. :confused:

Soldato
The VAT increase, I don't mind. another 2.5% isn't huge in the grand scheme of things. The fuel taxation levels and increase though?. Now that annoys me. ;)

Oh and that too, it annoys you because it affects you.

Most people don't care as long as it doesn't affect them directly. :\

Soldato
OP
What's wrong with it?! It's absolutely retarded and totally backwards thinking. It wouldn't bring new businesses to our shores when they are much needed and it would drive current businesses away which would quickly empty our purse. What would be the benefit of taxing profit makers highly? We'd get more money? No, they'd leave and we'd get hee-haw.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Superewza hilarious.

is it anymore retarded that crippling the poor whilst the super rich pull all the strings and get all the perks? not to me it isn't, things need to change. the fear of the big companies leaving could be controlled if people had the balls to do it.

Associate
That was stupidity though. The tuition fees change was necessary.

I believed this before, but look at how much we spend on defence per year, and the fact is we haven't been invaded for several hundred years and won't be any time soon.

On the world scale, we are roughly 79th in term of size, 22nd in terms of population and 6th in terms of wealth and yet we are 4th in terms of Military spending. Perhaps it is time we realised we are a just a small island, we no longer have a mighty empire, so why are we spending so much defending our little island?

If we finally realised that we are no longer the international powerhouse we used to be, we wouldn't need to go around starting pointless foreign wars, and we certainly wouldn't need to spend half as much as what we do on our Armed Forces. Plus with the average age of our population rising, surely we should be preparing the next generation to take over rather than picking fights in far away areas that don't matter to us.

Last edited:
Soldato
is it anymore retarded that crippling the poor whilst the super rich pull all the strings and get all the perks? not to me it isn't, things need to change. the fear of the big companies leaving could be controlled if people had the balls to do it.

Yes, because the poor aren't being crippled. Your one and only solution to clearing our deficit is to tax the profit earnings even more? Anything else?
How could the fear of them leaving be controlled? (I'm not even sure what that even means). Perhaps a better question would be how would we stop them from leaving?

Soldato
OP
don't forget, we also give away 6 billion in aid. but wait! 6 billion isn't that much anyway really, is it? what this government doesn't realise is that facts such as these really annoy a lot of people. and don't believe anyone it's not money being spent to keep china out of africa either.

Soldato
I believed this before, but look at how much we spend on defence per year, and the fact is we haven't been invaded for several hundred years and won't be any time soon.

On the world scale, we are roughly 79th in term of size, 22nd in terms of population and 6th in terms of wealth and yet we are 4th in terms of Military spending. Perhaps it is time we realised we are a just a small island, we no longer have a mighty empire, so why are we spending so much defending our little island?

If we finally realised that we are no longer the international powerhouse we used to be, we wouldn't go around starting wars, and we certainly wouldn't need to spend half as much as what we do on our Armed Forces. Plus with the average age of our population rising, surely we should be preparing the next generation to take over rather than picking fights in far away areas that don't matter to us.

You do know that we are at war, right? Expenditure is always going to be a lot bigger when we're at war.

Soldato
Remember where VAT is chargeable (and most foodstuffs that won't be the case) you were already paying 117.5% of the price, you'll now be paying 120%. That's really not a big increase at all.

I know, I thought of that. I was just mentioning the possibility that companies may have seen a chance to stick a few percentages points profits on their prices while a big fuss was being made over the VAT, leaving them able to point fingers at the government.

Back
Top Bottom