phantom menace on itv

Associate
Watching just for the HD but I'd forgotten how bad it was. I actually remember enjoying it but right now I'm thinking I must have been drunk at the time ....

Caporegime
Makes me laugh seeing all the lazy human stereotypes Lucas gives to the alien races in the new star wars films. JarJar Binks aliens = Africans, trade federation aliens = orientals, alien who owns Annikin and his Mum = Mexicans.

Associate
OP
a lot of style, no substance, and too much emphasis on politics.

also, darth maul is just a bloke in a cloak with party make up on.

im not quite young enough to have seen the originals at the cinema, but they're still infinitely better than this.

Caporegime
Better than the film in every way.

Doubly impressive as he put the song together before the film was even released, and he managed to piece together the plot from all the rumours flying around the web.

Man of Honour
Lightsaber duel, only good thing about that movie.......oh George you Muppet!

Don't even go there, the climax of that scene is one of the most stupid things in the Star Wars saga (and lets face it there's some stiff competition in there). A Sith Dark Lord with some of the fastest reactions in the galaxy (and who's just handily fought off two Jedi before dispatching one comfortably) waits with gob agape for Obi-Wan to leap upwards from a position hanging off a light fitting and pull a lightsaber towards him before letting himself be cut in half...

Jar Jar is annoying and all, the story's wafer thin and yet I could have forgiven pretty much all of that if they hadn't had such a stupid ending to the lightsaber fight.

Associate
Don't even go there, the climax of that scene is one of the most stupid things in the Star Wars saga (and lets face it there's some stiff competition in there). A Sith Dark Lord with some of the fastest reactions in the galaxy (and who's just handily fought off two Jedi before dispatching one comfortably) waits with gob agape for Obi-Wan to leap upwards from a position hanging off a light fitting and pull a lightsaber towards him before letting himself be cut in half...

Have to agree with you on that, Maul was supposedly one of the most skilled Sith apprentices

Caporegime
I loved it when I first saw it, ashamed I ever did because it is a truly awful film! Plot hole galore (e.g. if the Jedi can run super fast, why doesn't Obi when he is trying to catch up Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul) and the most annoying character ever created!

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Star Wars prequels, are some of those very, very few movies in my life, where I just can not warm up to any of the characters. Between stupid kid, whiney Obi Wan, bland queen and Jar Jar Binks, you kind of start rooting for Darth Maul at some point.

Plus the prequels wrecked everything the original trilogy stood for. The Force turned out to be blood disorder, Darth Vader was a immaculately conceived pansy boy with mummy issues, original Jedi knights turned out to be bunch of cheating, meddling, stuck up girl genitalia and The Republic turned out to be some sort of soviet union of planets run by Bob Crow, teenage kids and other Missa Cretins From Da Swamp.

And then Indy Jones hid in a fridge to survive nuclear blast.

Back
Top Bottom