UEFA Champions League/Europa League 15/16/17 Feb *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Starting 11's up. Oh dear eboue:) Mind you ive seen less bad games from him than others.

Valdes; Alves Pique Abidal Maxwell; Busquets; Xavi Iniesta; Pedro Villa Messi.

Szczesny; Eboue Djourou Koscielny Clichy; Song Wilshere; Walcott Fabregas Nasri; Van Persie

edit: dam beaten to it.

Soldato
For such a goal threat defences in Spain do tend to let him have way too much time and space on the ball. I know his close control is outstanding but with a player like him you need to be chipping at his heels when he gets the ball rather than letting him run at you.

Also the size advantage (for once!) may be beneficial at the other end since Barca do concede from set pieces. The hardly ever take anything but short corners and free kicks (unless they're shooting) so height won't matter there. Most goals against them come from quick counters though since if you get the ball out of your half into your strikers feet you only have the central defenders to deal with.

Caporegime
As much as i really don't rate Walcott for being decent often, if he plays decent tonight and Arsenal take a two goal lead to the nou camp they have a chance i reckon, mind you thats a pretty bloody obvious statement.

No, just ****

not that bad is he ;o?

Man of Honour
For such a goal threat defences in Spain do tend to let him have way too much time and space on the ball. I know his close control is outstanding but with a player like him you need to be chipping at his heels when he gets the ball rather than letting him run at you.

Also the size advantage (for once!) may be beneficial at the other end since Barca do concede from set pieces. The hardly ever take anything but short corners and free kicks (unless they're shooting) so height won't matter there. Most goals against them come from quick counters though since if you get the ball out of your half into your strikers feet you only have the central defenders to deal with.

Like I said in the other thread their close ball control is great and so is their balance. They'll be very practised, especially Messi at hitting the deck with any sort of physical pressure (something we need to do domestically...).

Associate
No need for the insult. Sorry for not agreeing with what everyone says. I guess a smile of some sort was missing in my post.
There's a difference between posting some 'out there' opinion and out of nowhere saying Arsenal are an English team 'only in name' when, as mentioned, Spurs played only one more English player than them yesterday.

Soldato
Looks like a very strong team, only the Verminator would get into that 11 for me. Arshavin as impact sub could be good. Feeling very positive about tonight! Nervous as **** though...

Caporegime
Arsenal: Szczesny, Eboue, Koscielny, Djourou, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri, van Persie.
Subs: Almunia, Rosicky, Denilson, Squillaci, Arshavin, Gibbs, Bendtner.

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Pique, Abidal, Maxwell, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Villa.
Subs: Pinto, Bojan, Mascherano, Keita, Milito, Afellay, Adriano Correia.

Referee: Nicola Rizzoli (Italy)

Is Chamakh injured??

Chamakh has been given a rest, people have said he's ****, myself included but you can't argue that he kept us in the title race and his goals when Bendtner and RVP were out injured were absolutely vital for us.

Back
Top Bottom