Metal Music Absolutely..........SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Best selling metal band at the moment is surely linkin park (although you could say they've moved from metal to a rockier sound), failing that I'd be shocked if Cradle outsold the likes of Metallica and Maiden

Man of Honour
OK, now I've read the thread I can see that what started out OK was nothing more than another troll from B&W.

I do feel that the shouty, screamy, angry, distorted music is soulless and worthless.

As I've got older though, I've developed an appreciation for some of the classics. Led Zep, even Maiden.

I still don't see the attraction to Metallica at all though.

Soldato
Best selling metal band at the moment is surely linkin park (although you could say they've moved from metal to a rockier sound), failing that I'd be shocked if Cradle outsold the likes of Metallica and Maiden
He did say british, I considered if Lostprophets could fall under a very loose "metal" but there are lots of british bands bigger than cradle

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
Wow, finally B&W comes out with something worth saying!

OK, now I've read the thread I can see that what started out OK was nothing more than another troll from B&W.

:D Im not a troll honestly, i liked the Smooth Jazz Versions of those songs, so im not disliking metal just for the sake of it.

If it makes you happy, I Think Smooth Jazz Metal sounds pretty awesome in some songs.

Soldato
I meant another Special Defects album, I know he's recorded some of it already. Morgan back on drums and that kind of thing.

Yep I know. My "Me too" was refering to me not being able to wait for the next album by Fredrik as well. Then I went on to say I also can't wait for the next Meshuggah album. :p Sorry was typing on my iPod at the time.

Soldato
In my experience the main fanbase of metal tends to be geeks and outcasts. Not that its a bad thing, its just funny seeing grown men wear band t-shirts and dress in black :p

Oh and I like Metallica etc, don't understand slipknot and other screaming bands, can't see the point

Soldato
In my experience the main fanbase of metal tends to be geeks and outcasts. Not that its a bad thing, its just funny seeing grown men wear band t-shirts and dress in black :p

Oh and I like Metallica etc, don't understand slipknot and other screaming bands, can't see the point

Sure, some "geeks and outcasts" are into metal, but it's the same for any genre of music. In my experience people who like metal music are the best people I've met :) Generally because they are interesting and open minded. Obviously this is not always the case, you get some nice people who don't like metal simply because of thier taste, but it is common I've found.

Associate

Why is it funny? Why is wearing black clothes funny. Looking across the office I can see various people in black clothes and I can guarantee none of them like metal.

What about grown women? Are they allowed to dress in black and wear band t-shirts? Also define a 'grown man'.

When I hit 30 was I supposed to be sent a letter explaining that I'm no longer allowed to wear certain clothing?

As for music, what's to understand? You like it or you don't.

Ooo something that's different to me or I don't understand....best laugh and mock it.... :rolleyes:

Soldato
unless you've listened to METAL from an early age it's unlikely you'll ever get it properly. you need to be open minded and your early teens are the best time for this.

there are expceptions, i know a couple of guys that used to be into full on dance then turned round late into their 20s and got into metal.

i'm glad i got into it early as there is so much genuine and unique metal around. it's intelligent, technical and emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom