If money wasn't an issue (bike related)

Soldato
Or you could buy one of these for £14k : Vandeyk - Nightstream.

Oldskool :)

trans110520_vandeyk_habi005.jpg

Last edited:
Suspended
[DOD]Asprilla;19619694 said:
The Evo is 695g for the frame, not frame and fork. The R5-CA is about 10g more and they are the two lightest frames on the market.

The Dogma is about 1200g with 380g for the fork but with the right kit on it you can still build a sub 6.8kg bike.

Take a look on weight weenies.

I must have misread the Cannondale advert - silly me! :)

The Dogma is below the UCI limit when built - it must be or they'd not have to add weights to bring it up. I know the frame is a bit lardy on it's own.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;19619694 said:
The Evo is 695g for the frame, not frame and fork. The R5-CA is about 10g more and they are the two lightest frames on the market.

The Dogma is about 1200g with 380g for the fork but with the right kit on it you can still build a sub 6.8kg bike.

Take a look on weight weenies.

The reviews I've read have said the dogma has finally lost some weight with the newest model?

My boss has went from his AR1 to Felt sending a lower grade AR frame to a look 566 rsp and finally settling on a Felt F1 frame all in a day. Apparently the F1 comes in at 800 grams and the look 566 we have in the now weighs 1.2kg but you would never think it did! It's as if it's a magic trick.

Even a Felt F3 with sram red and S30 wheels is under the UCI limit I was lead to believe.

Suspended
The reviews I've read have said the dogma has finally lost some weight with the newest model?

I know they've changed the fork and crown, but not sure on weight. Some pictures here for you.

Ultimately, if you're going to ride it all day, then the frame must be comfortable. Light frames are fine, but there's no point if it's as stiff as a scaffolding pole.

Soldato
I know they've changed the fork and crown, but not sure on weight. Some pictures here for you.

Ultimately, if you're going to ride it all day, then the frame must be comfortable. Light frames are fine, but there's no point if it's as stiff as a scaffolding pole.

Aye that is true, I was pleasantly surprised how smooth the ride off a synapse I was test riding was. I'm only getting a caad 8 though, shame it's not a caad 10 but the caad 8s slightly taller head tube will probably suit me better as It's my first road bike.

Stiffness isn't always simple though as my bosses Ar frame is stiff as **** and he loves that as he likes sprint finishes...but he'll still ride 90 mile road races on it and do 120 mile runs on it just fine.

Suspended
Stiffness isn't always simple though as my bosses Ar frame is stiff as **** and he loves that as he likes sprint finishes...but he'll still ride 90 mile road races on it and do 120 mile runs on it just fine.

That's true. It needs to be stiff enough in the BB not to flex when the power is down, but it needs to be compliant enough to absorb road buzz and take the edges off potholes etc.

My Super Six was as stiff as stiff could be, but it crashed through bad surfaces and holes. You felt everything, and that was too much.

Contrast that with the Bianchi Infinito I rode recently which was just as fast, but far more comfortable and smooth.

Soldato
That's true. It needs to be stiff enough in the BB not to flex when the power is down, but it needs to be compliant enough to absorb road buzz and take the edges off potholes etc.

My Super Six was as stiff as stiff could be, but it crashed through bad surfaces and holes. You felt everything, and that was too much.

Contrast that with the Bianchi Infinito I rode recently which was just as fast, but far more comfortable and smooth.

Just don't ride it in rough enough ground to break the damn frame as you'll be waiting months for a new frame :o

<3 CSG:D

How do you guys come to terms with wearing the lycra.......need to order myself some santini gear and just go for it.

Suspended
How do you guys come to terms with wearing the lycra.......need to order myself some santini gear and just go for it.

Just man up! :D

I love going out dressed in my cycling gear - shows people you're serious about what you're doing.

I bought the Points jersey when we went to the TdF Opening Ceremony in Puy de Foy. I love wearing that - makes me cycle faster too! Sprint! :D

Caporegime
Just man up! :D

I love going out dressed in my cycling gear - shows people you're serious about what you're doing.

I bought the Points jersey when we went to the TdF Opening Ceremony in Puy de Foy. I love wearing that - makes me cycle faster too! Sprint! :D
I much prefer the retro kits from a few decades ago though, the current ones are just too...commercial? For want of a better word. Obviously they all had sponsors all over them but getting a current Jersey seems a bit weird to me.

Caporegime
I bought a job lot of retro jerseys off Ebay ages ago for £9.99. Out of the 40 or so I got only 3 fitted, but it was well worth it :).

The only modern team kit I like is FDJ.

Back
Top Bottom