If money wasn't an issue (bike related)

Caporegime
Hmm damn it. I've spent £150 on that site now whilst not really intending too.

I've always wanted to buy a cap or two, but I never really wear them (always got my helmet on).

Suspended
[DOD]Asprilla;19622706 said:
I wear caps under my helmet.

Keeps the head warm in winter, keeps the rain off, keeps the sun out of my face and soaks up the sweat so it doesn't run down my face.

I don't ride without one any more.

And you can ride with one on backwards without a helmet and pretend you're Ivan Basso beating LA in Stage 12 of the 2004 TdF :D

Suspended
[DOD]Asprilla;19622762 said:
My current favourite jersey is my Torm T2, it's excellent. I've got it in black with a white stripe and the arm warmers in white with a black stripe.

Love it.

http://www.torm.cc/t2.html

I've got one as well. I thought I'd buy one to see how it compares to Rapha. Favourably as it happens.

Never worn it yet though, as I always seem to wear either my High Wycombe CC top, or my FDJ top when I go out. You rate it then?

Soldato
I've got one as well.

You rate it then?

Yeah, it's pretty much perfect for current changeable conditions. Keeps you as cool as lycra when the sun is out but helps you retain heat better when it's wet and windy.

The top I really want is this one.

I love Big George (as you'll see when I post a video later ;) )

OMG. I didn't even think of looking there for jeans; finally I've found somewhere that does a 28" waist with a 34" leg and yet still has enough room to get cycling thighs in.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Maybe I'm going to be controvercial here... but the reason - I guess - for these silly prices is due to the nature of the sport.
Roadbikes has so much do do with pure strength and fitness / mental strength / training as opposed to skill on a bycicle ( please do not read that as 'roadies don't have skill' ), therefore any equipment advantage (however minor) ... people will be willing to pay for.

Reckon my assumption is correct?

Soldato
I did actually laugh out loud in the office, some dude standing there in his wrestling outfit... and then the price.

Madness - I guess if I was "in the sport" then I could possibly understand/fall for the marketing waffle - but that much for Lycra (so little) is mental.

Assos really take the mick. There is no doubt that they make some phenomenally comfortable kit but it's only 1% better than kit that costs half or a third of the price.

People still buy it though, mainly because of the price. I think they buy it so they can say 'Like my new kit? It's Assos'.

Also the images are derided throughout the road cycling world, you can almost guarantee one of those pictures will be posted as soon as there is a mention on the boards of 'ghey' or similar.

Soldato
Some of the prices are silly. We sell castelli gear and that really does take the **** price wise and size wise! I'd be an L or XL i n castelli...wtf.

Personally I'll be buying some santini stuff from fisher as it seems quite good quality for the price of it. The pad of the shorts can make a big difference and I've even seen castelli once ****ed after not too long.

Soldato
I did actually laugh out loud in the office, some dude standing there in his wrestling outfit... and then the price.

Madness - I guess if I was "in the sport" then I could possibly understand/fall for the marketing waffle - but that much for Lycra (so little) is mental.

As opposed to people who buy hats/dresses/bags.... that are four figures? We all are victims of consumerism no matter if you think your arn't. Its all about making the person buying the stuff feeling good about themselves.

Personally I have no problem with it so long as it gets used. If someone buys some Assos gear at £200 then if they are getting thousands of miles out of it I don't see a problem.

Back
Top Bottom