Racist Bake sale - pretty cool idea...

Permabanned
Jews are the most over privileged, over represented people in the US why not positive-discriminate against their kind? nearly all of America's top corporations are run by Jews so is all of Hollywood. They favour their own Jewish kind and discriminate against non-Jews.

Associate
As a matter of interest Gepetto, how do you feel the problems with racism in the US and the UK should in fact be dealt with? Taking the issue raised in the OP as an example?

I honestly don't know.

Equal Opportunities is a start, as it tries to ensure that everyone should be considered, regardless of where they're from or what colour they are, but we should be considering why any "Affirmative Action" is necessary in the UK or US. We've now had several decades to integrate, and pretty much everyone agrres that discrimination shouldn't happen, but it still does.

Soldato
Isn't this just like Scottish tuition fees? :p One price if you are from Scotland, another price if you're from the EU, and yet another price if you're from England. :rolleyes:

Going back to the Bake sale:
It's an interesting idea, and for a while here in the UK under the previous government some have said that being a 'normal' hard-working white middle-class family where you're not divorced, not gay, not disabled, not an ethnic minority, have a full-time job, pay your taxes, not on benefits, have a mortgage, etc you are infact discriminated against...

Permabanned
Of course the media victimises non-whites and not the real victims of all of this. You only have to read comments on youtube from ethnics to see they're laughing at us and this as whites getting their competence. I feel sorry for you Castiel because subconsciously you hate your race you may see yourself as being anti-racist but you're quite the opposite.

Permabanned
Of course the media victimises non-whites and not the real victims of all of this. You only have to read comments on youtube from ethnics to see they're laughing at us and this as whites getting their competence. I feel sorry for you Castiel because subconsciously you hate your race you may see yourself as being anti-racist but you're quite the opposite.

You need not feel sorry for me, I have no need for your pity. I have no issues with self loathing or hating my race, I embrace my heritage both parts of it.

I'm not anti anything, I am simply not a racist. I accept people for who and what they are and judge them by there actions and words, not by their race or background. That includes even you CmJared and all your foibles and confusion.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I honestly don't know.

Equal Opportunities is a start, as it tries to ensure that everyone should be considered, regardless of where they're from or what colour they are, but we should be considering why any "Affirmative Action" is necessary in the UK or US. We've now had several decades to integrate, and pretty much everyone agrres that discrimination shouldn't happen, but it still does.

In that case what about Zimbabwe (as you alluded to being more knowledgeable in that area). How should the massive wealth and land disparity between whites and blacks been addressed?

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Jews are the most over privileged, over represented people in the US why not positive-discriminate against their kind? nearly all of America's top corporations are run by Jews so is all of Hollywood. They favour their own Jewish kind and discriminate against non-Jews.

Are you trying to be some sort of parody of a neo-nazi? "If all else fails and you cannot come up with a decent argument, blame the Jews!" :p

RDM

RDM

Soldato
No I'm just against zionism/ Jewish supremacy what is so neo-nazi about that?

A rabid hatred of jews tends to go arm in arm with neo-nazi ideology. You may want to try some history of Germany during the early to mid 20th Century to see why...:D

It just seemed a bit odd that when failing to have any real argument for the topic you decided to go off on a tangent and start ranting about Jews controlling the world.

Soldato
Seems like a stupid concept, I don't even like the word race as human beings or homosapien is the race, AKA human race. Skin colour varient aside we are all the same race. I also reject the idea that white people are the most racist, I assume thats why they've put the price at $2. Every skin colour varient has racist people, its wrong to assume that white people are the most racist.

Associate
In that case what about Zimbabwe (as you alluded to being more knowledgeable in that area). How should the massive wealth and land disparity between whites and blacks have been addressed?

It has been addressed to a certain extent. There are still a few rich whites in Zimbabwe, despite Mr Mugabe's best efforts, but there are now many many more rich black people too. Primarily from the ruling party's tribe.

The "certain extent" refers to whether this has been to the benefit of the majority, which it hasn't as far as I'm concerned. You can go round in circles on the issue as to whether the Whites stole the land in the first place, but they also developed the land and reaped the benefits to build a thriving country. Unfortunately, since the land has been taken back, along with the businesses, and mines, it hasn't been well managed, therefore my argument with "Positive Discrimination". I despair for Zimbabwe and hope that lessons can be learned, but if you asked a rich black Zimbabwean what he thought you'd get a different opinion.

In answer to your question, perhaps it should have been done more slowly, but, then again, people want change in their lifetime and the "good of me" outweighs the "good of the many".

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It is about whether it has a disproportionate adverse effect on another ethnic or under represented group (or indeed seeks to create one) and if it does then the policy is discriminatory in a negative sense, such as point quotas for African Americans in Universities that adversely affect White applicants from poor backgrounds, hence my opposition to them.

This tbh...

This is also my issue with discriminating on the basis of something as arbitrary as skin colour/perceived 'race'. You basically get a situation where the daughters of the (currently) most powerful man in the world could get a bit more leeway in terms of GPA score than Billy Bob the red neck inbread from bum **** town Alabama simply because their skin is a bit darker.

I doubt very much that academics in top US universities are inherently racist - most of them are likely fairly liberal and the US should perhaps give them a bit more credit than trying to legislate in some social engineering on the basis of something as arbritrary skin colour.

Minorities in the US, Blacks and Latinos especially, are more likely to come from a poor background though this isn't necessarily down to current day racism but is going to be the result of several factors - obviously including historic, albeit last few decades, racism but also having a greater relative % of poorer immigrants and simply starting from a poorer background to begin with.

It seems that poverty/socioeconomic background plays a big part in terms of college admissions too - if you're going to make an adjustment to account for the fact that some potential applicants might have had it much harder to make the same grade than others then this would make more sense.

You'd likely cover most of the hard done by people from minority racial groups simply by making a small adjustment based on parental income and the performance of the high school they went to. You'd also not give a needless free pass to the sons/daughters of very wealthy privately educated kids simply on the basis that they have different coloured skin.

Frankly skin colour/perceived race shouldn't even be mentioned on the application form but rather monitored separately. Could perhaps even go so far as to remove a candidates name from the information presented to the relevant admissions tutors so that 'race' couldn't even be inferred.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Liberals are self hating race traitors. If I had my way I would round up all liberals on a boat and send them to the congo they'd get eaten alive. ;)

If you continue to discriminate against whites don't grumble when we start to retaliate.

Soldato
Non liberals are evil nazi scum. If I had my way I would round up all non-liberals on a boat and send them to the congo they'd get eaten alive.

If you continue to be xenophobic with no hint of factual evidence don't grumble when we start to retaliate.

Back
Top Bottom