Acer Aspire laptop backlight stopped working?

Soldato
Hey guys,
Well a few days ago my backlight stopped working as I was using it, The screen was dark but if I shine light at it the screen is visble. It was hooked to an external monitor and everything is working fine.

The screen had some red on the laptop screen previously everytime I boote it up and became whiter.

I have read that it is either the inverter need replacig or the backlight bulb or more worse the monitor. How I identify which one need replacing?

cheers

Soldato
buy an inverter its not that its something else...!
is there a seperate bulb? i have taken a few appart only ever noticed two parts, screen and inverter..

Soldato
OP
Wll I have opened it up and see the inverter under the screen, should I get another inverter?
hopefully the backlight will work?

Soldato
OP
Might take a few weeks, although I just realised the mouse pad on it stopped working aswell, keyboard is fine though.

Soldato
OP
I turned the Laptop on today and the backlight seems to be fully working??? its been like over 1 hour. wts goin on? any 1 know?

Soldato
knackered microswitch that turns the backlight on when you open the lid? or the contact for it?

they go quite often on the laptops i repair at work, if it's not those it's normal the screen itself. no idea on Acer's though.

Soldato
OP
Im not too sure if my one has a microswitch where do you find it? I hope its the inverter though since I just bought it. The mousepad on it stopped functioning so could that indicate any problems?

Soldato
Im not too sure if my one has a microswitch where do you find it?

it's on the motherboard (well the usb daughterboard on the ones i repair) next the one of the hinges. you can see it after removing the panel above the keyboard.

if it's working when you push it the backlight will turn on and off.

Soldato
OP
it's on the motherboard (well the usb daughterboard on the ones i repair) next the one of the hinges. you can see it after removing the panel above the keyboard.

if it's working when you push it the backlight will turn on and off.

Thanks mate,I received the inverter today so hopefull will be opening it up soon.

Associate
It might be worth searching for a tech / service manual on how to open just the bits you need rather than taking everything apart. Has worked for me for HP and Dell thus far

Soldato
OP
Lol I already opened but found out the left side of the new has 6-pins and the connector in my laptop has 7-pins :( dammit got 2 send it back. I'll try and look into the backlight switch.

Soldato
OP
Does any1 still know why the mouse pad malfuctioned right after when the backlight stopped working. surely something trigger it

Back
Top Bottom