CPU fan choice

Associate
Hey guys,

I have been advised in another thread that I should probably get a new cpu cooler. (My current one is in my sig)

As I am getting temps of around:
Idle: 33°C
Load: 65°C (Using Prime95)

What coolers do you suggest? (Preferably nothing too much above £30)

Cheers :)

Caporegime
Getting a new cooler was one of many options given to you.

For those interested the original thread is here.

Isn't the maximum temperature for these processors 62°C?

It would look a tad too warm.

What do you recommend me doing?

I recently re-applied my thermal paste as I thought there was too much on it before.

Assuming that your cooler is fitted correctly then:

a) Reduce the overclock

b) Try and keep the overclock but reduce the voltage

c) Buy a better cooler

d) Invest in some better cooling for your case if it doesn't have good air flow

e) Nothing - If it's 65°C running a 100% CPU use stress test then in real life usage you probably won't get to that temperature

Last edited:
Soldato
Its commonly referenced to as the 'pea' method, searching about should throw out some guides on what to do. Though depending what cooler you get it may already have pre-applied paste, I know the arctic cooling ones do...

Caporegime
Its commonly referenced to as the 'pea' method, searching about should throw out some guides on what to do. Though depending what cooler you get it may already have pre-applied paste, I know the arctic cooling ones do...

If the OP is re-fitting their cooler again then whether or not it came with paste pre-applied is irrelevant.

The "pea" method also suggests far more paste than should be used with most pastes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really? This I did not know, just what I found from searching.

And sorry I had a brain fart and missed your earlier post about the OP's then earlier post (blame mobile browsing), so yes pre-applied paste is then irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom