*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Soldato
ergh...walked miles to get somewhere last night, only to be killed just around the corner from the location i was heading, by an ice wolf. ffs.

Associate
Who do I see to start the mage quest?

Go straight to the mage collegue, the girl at the pathway will ask to see your skill, which you just shoot your spell (cant remeber what spell it is but nearly sure you can buy it off her) and shoot it at the symbol on the ground. That gets you in to the guild and you can start from there.

Associate
Dose anyone know were the best places are to hunt dragons? I know a lot of it is my fault because I do a lot of fast traveling, and only wonder now and again to go to places were I have never been, aint seen a lot of dragons about :confused:

Associate
I bought a house in whiterun and currently being sad and doing what I used to in Morrowind, e.g. each cupboard, chest etc is allocated for a different group of stuff.

So one chest has a set of each armor, one is gathering each weapon set, one gathering unique artifacts, one everybook and certain special finds being laid out on the shelfs, tables etc :D

I have gathered 71k gold so far, trying to reach the 100k for the trophy then will go on a spending spree powering smithing, alchemy etc

Still havn't got round to visiting the Greybeards yet, just completed the companians quests and dabbling in bounties and anything I stumble across, will get into the Thiefs guild next I think.

Soldato
I bought a house in whiterun and currently being sad and doing what I used to in Morrowind, e.g. each cupboard, chest etc is allocated for a different group of stuff.

So one chest has a set of each armor, one is gathering each weapon set, one gathering unique artifacts, one everybook and certain special finds being laid out on the shelfs, tables etc :D

I have gathered 71k gold so far, trying to reach the 100k for the trophy then will go on a spending spree powering smithing, alchemy etc

You know everyone is doing this. :D

Soldato
Has anyone tried/been playing this on consoles and PC? I had a go on the PC version at my friends, but I just couldn't seem to get into it, felt the same about Fallout 3 and Oblivion on the PC.

To me it looks like it plays better sitting on a couch with your feet up, taking time to go through things (taking experience from playing Fallout 3 on the 360 and loving it, but not so much on the PC for some reason).

Soldato
Has anyone tried/been playing this on consoles and PC? I had a go on the PC version at my friends, but I just couldn't seem to get into it, felt the same about Fallout 3 and Oblivion on the PC.

To me it looks like it plays better sitting on a couch with your feet up, taking time to go through things (taking experience from playing Fallout 3 on the 360 and loving it, but not so much on the PC for some reason).

Playing on both, 360 even without the hd texture pack as I installed is twice the game, just get so in to it.

Gorgeous on the pc though.

Associate
Guess it depends what your happy with, I am more than happy with the performance and graphics on the ps3 version, sitting on the couch playing on a 50" Panasonic with some sennheiser rs170 wireless headphones its pretty damn immersive.

However you can hook your pc to a tv plug in a controller and get the same experience with even nicer visuals, for me though I sold my pc a year ago as I didn't feel like there was room for it in this flat and certainly didn't want it in my living room.

However we are in the process of buying a nice 3 bedroom semi at the moment and one we get moved in and decorated, my first purchase will be a new desktop, just need to find out a way of hooking it up to the tv in the living room while its upstairs in what will be the office, does wireless hdmi exist or something? :p

Caporegime
This shouting lark is a tad confusing. So you get the first word of the unrelenting force shout. Now I've been given the second word.

But how do you get the second/third words for other shouts that I've just got by doing quests? Do you do more quests and they will be revealed or do you keep practising (using) a specific shout and it will "level up" and unlock the second and third words eventually?

Associate
Proper knackered, been working 10-12 hours a day every day for the past week, then playing skyrim till the early hours of the morning, loving the game.

Just doing some quests at the moment, including some winterhold college ones.

Been running as destruction mage so far, and up until this point i've been knacking everything fairly easy with my spells, (destruction is about 73 i think), but i think i'm going to change to a melee play-style, shield bashng people especially a mage casting some crap at you is sooooo satisfying.

Soldato
How do you kill morokei ? I have tried everything even lowered the difficulty right down but can barely scratch him. This bit is really spoiling the game for me ...

Edit - Done it due to a nice bug in the game. When he starts attacking run out the room shut the door and then open and attack. He has no idea where you are and just hovers..

Might not work all the time but worked for me, been hours on that bit..

Last edited:
Caporegime
This shouting lark is a tad confusing. So you get the first word of the unrelenting force shout. Now I've been given the second word.

But how do you get the second/third words for other shouts that I've just got by doing quests? Do you do more quests and they will be revealed or do you keep practising (using) a specific shout and it will "level up" and unlock the second and third words eventually?

You have to find them, same way as the first word.

Back
Top Bottom