*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Soldato
skyrim.jpg

The fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series, takes place in Skyrim 200 years after the Oblivion Crisis. A newly revealed language, the "tongue of the dragons", plays an "integral role" in the story.
The High King of Skyrim has been murdered, triggering a civil war among the province's people, the Nords. Many Nords wish to secede from the empire, which has been declining in power since the fall of the Septim Dynasty 200 years earlier, while others believe the empire is still worth preserving. A prophecy foretold by the Elder Scrolls is fully realized by this last event; dragons have returned to the land, and the Nordic god Alduin rises to consume the world. The player character is the last of the "Dovahkiin" (or "dragonborn"), mortals who are born with the soul of a dragon and can speak their language. Esbern serves as advisor, himself one of the last of the Blades, who swore to preserve the Empire.This prophecy is also spelled out on Alduin's Wall, a stone wall at Sky Haven Temple, the secret hidden refuge of the last of the Blades.

collectorsedition.jpg

Collectors Edition
The limited collector’s edition for The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim™ will be available for Xbox 360, PS3, and Games for Windows and can be pre-ordered now through participating retailers in North America, Europe and Australia. Like the regular release of the game, the Collector’s Edition will be available on 11.11.11

In addition to including the highly-anticipated game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:
  • 12” Alduin Statue: Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.
  • ‘The Art of Skyrim’ coffee table book: Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.
  • ‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.

The Collector’s Edition will be available through pre-order and it retails for $149.99 (US), €149.99 (Europe), £129.99 (UK), and A$199.99 (Australia). If you’re interested in purchasing, we recommend you pre-order asap, as the it will be available in extremely limited quantities.

Alduin, the World Eater - Collectable Figurine

dragon1.jpg

dragon2.jpg

The Races

Argonian
argonianfemale.jpg

argonianmale.jpg

Khajit
khajitmale.jpg

Nord
nordmale.jpg

Orc
orcmale.jpg

Redguard
redguardfemale.jpg

redguardmale.jpg

Wood Elves
woodelfmale.jpg

Dark Elves
darkelfmale.jpg

Also available but I have not found pictures yet are:

Altmer - High Elves
Breton
Imperial

New Faces of Skyrim - Lots of Character Creation Variations!!

Example:
newfaces.jpg

Trailers & Gameplay videos

Last edited:
Associate
Im massively excited about this game too, thinking of getting it on PC rather than Xbox360 just so that it looks smoother and runs better (means im not taking up the TV too, stinky women). No idea what race to go for, I generally play as an elven archer type in these games, but I quite like playing as a tank role and seeing how that goes for a change. Roll on November 11th.

Soldato
Looking forward to this, always liked the ES games.

Hopefully it isn't as flawed as Oblivion was in some ways. With high sneak among other stats you could take out even the toughest monsters with a single arrow from sneak.

Soldato
I hope they sort out the silly levelling thing where you had to get 10 skill points each level in order to max out your character, that was just an unnecessary PITA.

Soldato
OP
I'm really impressed by the Orcs and the Argonians this time, They look fantastic! I may even opt for the Argonian this time around, as I was never bothered before. They look closer to dragons\raptors. I'm thinking after all the time Bethesda spent skinning dragons, they probably put some aspects of their work into the Argonian race, and thank god they did, No longer do the argonians just look like humans with a different texture!

Soldato
I wonder if we'll see any horse armor? (even if it's just a joke :D)

I'd like them to make the DLC more like the Shivering Isles and not stupid crap that only lasts for 90 minutes or less. Even the Fallout ones weren't that great, I think it was something like 800 MS points for around 3-4 hours more gameplay which just isn't enough for me when the main game lasts hundreds of hours.

Back
Top Bottom