Poll: Where do you fit in? (IFS income percentile) (*net incomes only - do it correctly!*)

New poll - My net earnings are :

• Among the top 1% of earners

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • > 95% of the population

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • > 90% of the population

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • > 80% of the population

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • > 70% of the population

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • > 60% of the population

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • > 50% of the population

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • > 40% of the population

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • > 30% of the population

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • > 20% of the population

• > 10% of the population

• > 1% of the population

• Among the lowest 1% of earners

• Total voters
Associate
you have a higher income than around 75% of the population - equivalent to about 45.5 million individuals

Pretty shocking as I consider myself pretty poor! live hand to mouth most of the time.

Soldato
OP
Can still be embarrassing though. Let's just say that you're right, I am richer than I thought - but ultimately doesn't all that matter is how rich you feel?
That's why I am waiting for the anonymous poll before sharing mine.

That's the point of the exercise - to compare how rich you are to how rich you feel.

Soldato
Figure we are above 80% of households.
Didn't think I would be higher, but when you figure net instead of gross, it really demonstrates just how much the govt collects prior to indirect taxation.

Soldato
Wow me and my gf are pretty high up considering we are both only 21.

>61% of the population. There must be a lot of very poor people in Britain because I swear we dont have that much money.

Soldato
Top 13% at the moment, when the wife goes back to work properly (instead of being a student nurse on 25k;)) we'll be in the top 11%.

Feels about right I suppose.

Soldato
lol i presume what i get into my bank in wages is my net income if so and allowing for exchange rate differences I get

Taking into account household size and composition (click here to see how), we have calculated your position in the income distribution. With a household after tax income of +£1K per week, you have a higher income than around 97% of the population - equivalent to about 58.8 million individuals. :cool:

/insert harry enfield gif here.

Of course after all bill are paid I get this result... :o

Taking into account household size and composition (click here to see how), we have calculated your position in the income distribution. With a household after tax income of £184 per week, you have a higher income than around 5% of the population - equivalent to about 3.0 million individuals.

Of course it doesn't actually state where you have to live so is completely pointless.

Back
Top Bottom