Poll: Where do you fit in? (IFS income percentile) (*net incomes only - do it correctly!*)

New poll - My net earnings are :

• Among the top 1% of earners

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • > 95% of the population

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • > 90% of the population

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • > 80% of the population

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • > 70% of the population

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • > 60% of the population

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • > 50% of the population

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • > 40% of the population

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • > 30% of the population

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • > 20% of the population

• > 10% of the population

• > 1% of the population

• Among the lowest 1% of earners

• Total voters
Soldato
OP
^ Is that graph gross or net income?

Also, I found the link, here

Please now enter your net household income and the period over which you have calculated it.

First, you will need to add together the incomes of yourself, your partner and anyone else who lives with you, after deducting income tax and national insurance. In addition to wage or salary income, don't forget to include any benefits you receive, income from savings and investment, profits or losses from self-employment, and any other sources of income.

Soldato
OP
Can still be embarrassing though. Let's just say that you're right, I am richer than I thought - but ultimately doesn't all that matter is how rich you feel?
That's why I am waiting for the anonymous poll before sharing mine.

That's the point of the exercise - to compare how rich you are to how rich you feel.

Soldato
OP
[FnG]magnolia;21501050 said:
I think it's broken though, isn't it? I think if your salary is greater than 70 or 80k it puts you in the top 1%. I can't remember the specifics but it put us in the top 1% but even lowering our salaries significantly still kept us in the top 1%. IIRC that 'trigger' was 70 or 80k. Maybe someone with more time could test it.

It takes into account more than just salary, and are you remembering to only consider net?

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately it appears that the reset only resets the values, not who and who has not already voted. I've consulted an admin on this and it would seem the only option would be to close this thread and start a new thread with a new poll, we could then merge the posts in from this. My apologies but didn't realise this at the time.

Cheers for taking the time to check that out, you're a star.

I made a new thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=21507954#post21507954

Back
Top Bottom