Any Lian Li Q08 owners here?

Soldato
Just got one of these cases mainly for the 5.25" optical drive support (I know I know but I do actually use them regulary :D) what a pita it was to install everything, i think my main problem was with the motherboard being fixed to the side panel, im contemplating cutting the right handside in half so that the motherboard panel is permantly fixed to the case, just wondering what peoples experiences are with this otherwise nice looking case and any tips or advice you might have to making it a reasonably clean build :)

Permabanned
Same as the Q11 i think! Fit drives and cables (modular PSU helps here), fit optical drive, then fit mobo and then wire it up, pull cables out then fit them to psu and job done!

Soldato
There is for lower power rigs.

Yes, but a computer with a real cpu & gpu has none, something like this is a no go
ASUS H61 - EPU, UEFI BIOS and Anti-Surge Protection - mATX Intel H61(B3) Micro ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1155 Motherboard (P8H61-M LX) Intel Core i3-2100 Processor 3.1GHz 3 MB Cache 1333MHz 4 Gig DIMM-DRAM NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 512 DDR3 memory (PCIe 1.00 x16). Be awesome to have something like that in a NES case with a external PSU.
I am obsessed with small pcs not sure why. I found this, http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/299 but no place actually sell external psus. Good review also http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Power-Supply-Units/XG-Magnum-External-600w-PSU/ :).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Its running pretty well the main problem for me is using the AXP-140 CPU cooler as it had to be mounted before fitting the board, this made it almost impossible to plug in sata, front panel connectors, power connectors, fans etc etc

I'm thinking about trying an antec 620 instead i think it will help a lot as it can fitted last

Back
Top Bottom