*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
BigSanta.jpg

Soldato
Tough session today after a wee break, but I think that's mainly down to the fact I'm REALLY not used to training on a morning now a days! God knows how I managed it at 6:30am when I was doing IF :p

Soldato
Went round to a mates who has been doing gymnastics for a while to give me a bit of a handstand 101 and by 'eck it's harder than it looks. Managed to get myself balanced for a bit eventually but by then my functional strength was running out and could hardly support my weight! Not to mention the amount of shoulder mobility that's required which i just don't have..

And gym related pic of the day :p
britishronnie.jpg

Man of Honour
Gah, I had forgotten about all the new year's leaf n00bs... ah well, will just have to grin and bear it an lift heavy and be merry. Can't wait to get back to it! I need that outlet - desperately!

Caporegime
For running, a £30 pair of Nike running shoes.

For the stronglifts. None. Serious. If you must wear shoes though (for hygiene or gym rules) then some thin/solid soled shoes. No air-max or the like. And flat as possible. You don't want to offset your footing etc.

Man of Honour
Guys, I need some decent gym shoes, any suggestions?

Basically for the running machine and Stronglifts.
Apparently I have a high arch if that makes any difference.

It might be worth getting a gait analysis at a decent running shop if you're going to be running regularly but as Dj_Jestar says you're probably better off without shoes for much of stronglifts. Good running shoes and good shoes for weightlifting are mutually exclusive pretty much, what makes a shoe good for running is generally cushioning and flexibility which absolutely sucks for providing a good platform for weightlifting, what makes a good platform for weightlifting is inflexibility and minimal compression which sucks for running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom