S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Lost Alpha

Soldato
OP
Bump, new video is up showcasing the near finished (at least that's what it looks like to me) product. Will update the OP properly tomorrow.

Pretty big deal as the guy and his team who is making this mod have been contacted by GSC Gameworld (no in trouble) a while back, not sure if they're still in talks now but he's not revealed any specifics; yet...

Caporegime
In the meantime I think I may mod SOC to Oblivion Lost. The last time I used that mod it was a little buggy for me, and I couldn't progress after loading my save. I hope its had a few improvements made since back then.

Looking forward to this; Stalker 2 may be uncertain or at least delayed, but this is a new game which had been in the works and will reach the fans for sure! :)

Soldato
OP
Quick bump guys, Lost Alpha finally has an ETA!

Coming Q3 2012

1_febr2012.1.jpg

3_febr2012.jpg

5_febr2012.jpg

2_febr2012.jpg

Soldato
Finally, at last, it's been a long time coming.

I have always like Stalker, & been following this mod for some time here.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

There are great features being included, I love the hanging lamps, the way they sway & cast shadows around a room, ain't going to do my nerves any good.

But, Q3 is still a long way off, I hope there are no more stumbling blocks.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good news, and I hope it does actually come out then and indeed before Stalker 2, - which should be very likely.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Arc did you ever end up trying that People Soup mod?

I did start digging around trying to find a download link but had no joy. I haven't given up on it though, too much of a great mod by all accounts to forget it. I'm playing Morrowind with the graphics and sound overhaul mod atm, so won't be looking at it again until after that (should be on my next to play though). Have you tried it?

Btw..did you sort out your Stalker problems, does it still crash etc?

Associate
Seeing this has made me want to pick up the game (although I've never played a stalker game before, but loved Fallout 3 which is the closest thing I can think of). Out of all 3 which one is worth purchasing the most?

Also, I can't access mods from here due to filters :( What does the Complete Mod do?

Caporegime
Seeing this has made me want to pick up the game (although I've never played a stalker game before, but loved Fallout 3 which is the closest thing I can think of). Out of all 3 which one is worth purchasing the most?

Also, I can't access mods from here due to filters :( What does the Complete Mod do?

The complete mod removes most of the bugs, improves the a.i. and visuals / sounds etc while making sure not to change the storyline or game play. I would purchase Shadow of Chernobyl first, Clear Sky second and Call of Pripyat last of all. The games are dirt cheap now, so it (Shadow of Chernobyl), will probably cost next to nothing (£5.54 including shipping from coolshop - though it may be even cheaper elsewhere, Steam sale at a later date etc).

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

Last edited:
Soldato
While the screenshots do look good.

I will be giving this one a miss, I don't feel at all like re-installing any of the games, as I am done with them. The last game, was far too long winded and the plot was rubbish. :(

Soldato
This does all looks rather good, but could I ask which one was the actual 'original S.T.A.L.K.E.R game? I assume it was Shadow of Chernobyl, but I have also found Clear Sky and Call of Pripya mentioned.

Is it better to play the Shadow of Chernobyl first, in preparation for this new release... and can it be downloaded (or purchased) anywhere than via Steam?

Sorry, if it's a silly question, but I am not an avid follower of this series!

Edit: I would rather purchase a DVD, rather than try and download a full game, as my speed is less that 1 Mb/s ! :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom