Beats By Dr Dre Headphones

Soldato
Not that I've heard them but everyone says that they're decent sounding, but not worth the price tag as you can get something for like 1/2 or 1/3 of the price for the same, or better, sound quality.

Soldato
Depends who you speak to. Some think they are decent, but expensive. Others think they are hideously overpriced and a pile of rubbish.

If you are considering them, best to try them first if you can, and compare them to other headphones.

Soldato
The "studio" pair i've had quite a lot of experience with and find them quite good. (But over priced)
However, for the others i can't help to think that they have no idea what a flat frequency response is. To me they're mostly muddy in the middle, screeching up high and boomy down bottom. Basically over-emphasising the sound.

In general i think you pay around 100-150% more than they're worth (that part is for the name and "cool, in da hood" look).

I also think that it's ridiculous that people buy because "it's DrDre yo!". IMO he's a sub-par producer, and all round douche.

daz

daz

Soldato
XB700s + a little headphone amp (e.g. Fiio E5 or E6) will give you 95% of the sound of Beats but at a fraction of the price. They are bassy headphones so if you like that style of sound they would be a good alternative. I really enjoy my XB700s for dubstep or anything bassy, whereas my Audio Technica ATH-A900s are more suited to a wider range of music and are much better musically (but also more than twice the price).

Soldato
Im after a decent pair of 'Big' headphones.

What you guys suggest?

im more than pleased with my denon d2000s ,the bass goes very deep but never overpowers ,good open soundstage ,just damn good all round.
sold my ultrasone hfi780s ,after hearing these.
pic here with my anti tangle mod ! ,my sflo2 and via a silver cable my neco soundlabs v2 with twin ad8610 opamps

34yaadf.jpg

One

One

Soldato
Honestly, I wouldn't feel safe walking round with them. About the easiest thing for a knob to grab off your head and run away with.

Also I think big headphones should be restricted to indoors and look ridiculous on people walking around the streets.

Soldato
Monster Beats from Dre are quite similar to AKG701s, except with so much bass that everything that makes the 701s good is drowned out.
If you EQ the bass response right down on them, they're not the worst headphones in the world, but why bother when you can buy better headphones for less, DT-770s for instance.

Back
Top Bottom